Confusion (21)

You didn't tell Minho what Newt had said to you the night before. And you were avoiding Newt until all feelings subsided. Or, undecided feelings.
  You held hands with Minho and walked to the wall where the doors were wide open. "I'll be back tonight then we'll have all of tomorrow to spend time together, alright?"
  You nod. He lifts your right hand to his lips and kisses it, then place it on his left shoulder, then he lifts up your left hand, kisses it just as softly, then places it on his right shoulder. As his last goodbye he places his hands on your waist and pulls you close, then kisses your nose, cheeks, forehead, then your lips.
  It took you several seconds to to peck him back, you were very hesitant. He noticed this. "Is something wrong?" He asks. You smile and shake your head, then kiss him quickly. You feel nothing. There was no spark.  He smiles at you. "Good." Then with one last kiss on the cheek, he ran to the maze.

   You began you day as you did everyday. You got up, saw Minho before the run, then to the Gardens.
  You slacked again today. Your mind pawing at what Newt said, not anything else. What were you going to do? Newt was your best friend. Minho was the love of your life.
  Was...
  Maybe what Newt said was just a compliment. Perhaps you were taking it wrongly.
  But on the other hand, maybe not.
  You groaned in frustration. It'll be settled, but what will things be like when it is?

  You dug up carrots, potatoes, heads of lettuce, and picked fruit. You headed to the kitchen to deliver them to Frypan. Halfway there you tripped on a rock the size of your shoe and spilled all the fresh food, your body toppling over with the basket of food. Your back smacked hard onto the tough, cold ground. It knocked the breath out of you.

  You'd be okay, but you just didn't feel like getting up. You were too tired and so you rested your head on the ground.

  "Y/n?" Newt's voice called a few feet away. You could he his steps as he sprinted to you across the grass. "You alright?" Your heart fluttered at his voice. That feeling made your stomach drop with panic.

"Yes. I'm just tired. And I tripped over that rock." You say, lifting your head and pointing over in the direction of the culprit. It was right in front of your feet.

"Of course you did. Come on." He says, offering you his hand and smiling. You take it and he lifts you up. "You're clumsy, you know that?"
  You smile. Old Newt was your favorite.
  "Yeah, I know." He knelt down and filled the basket back up with the veggies and fruits. "Thank you."
  "You're welcome, beautiful. Now. Let's deliver these, then we can hang out some before lunch?" You smiled and nodded at him. He carried the basket for you. "That'd be really nice.
  ---
  After delivering the basket, you and Newt walked along the forests' edge.
  "I really want to find some more hobbies to do because I'm tired of just cleaning and eating. Those are my inly hobbies, and I'm getting bored!" You complained.
  "What about the books?" He asked.
  "I read them all." You shrugged.
  "Request paper. Draw." He suggests.
  You cackle a bit too hard. "That's funny."
  He smiles and looks at you, "what? I'm sure you're a great artist!"
  "Apparently you don't remember the tragedy of May 19th. When I drew you as a crab."
  He laughs, "you mean the paper plate?"
  You giggle, "hey!" You slap his shoulder playfully, "be nice! I tried!"
  "If that was you trying then don't request paper." He says.
  Silence fills the earth around you, you both smiling and enjoying each other's company and the walk. After a few moments your surprised to feel Newt's hand wrap around yours. "I love spending time with you." He says. You say nothing as your stomach does flips. "Does this bother you?" He asks, lifting up his hand. His fingers intertwined with yours.
  "No." You squeaked. He smiled, and took his hand away, wrapping it around your waist.
  Your heart dropped.
  "Good.