Cassiopeia Sanders and the Gods

So it's another no mist one... Sorry. I really wanted to and I haven't posted anything in forever. Enjoy...

Beep, bop, boo, beep.

Hephaestus's hand wavers over the very last button. "Zeus?"

The king of the gods inclines his head.

"Lady Athena?"

The goddess of wisdom stands from her throne and places herself in front of a large camera. "I am ready."

Hephaestus presses the last button. "And we're live in three, two, one..."

"Hello mortals. You're probably angry that we have interrupted your little telly shows. Forgive us, this message is of the upmost importance." Lady Athena pauses in her speech. "The following news will be shocking, but I assure you that it is all true." Another pause. Athena scrunches her face. "To be blunt, all of Greek Mythology is true. The myths, the gods, the monsters, the battles. They are all true.

"I know that you are all thinking, 'who is this crazy woman? Why is she on my screen?' I know that at this very moment you are reaching your hand out to grab the remote to put an end to me and my so called rubbish. I urge you not to, though. First let me tell you who I am. Then I will let you decide whether or not to turn your telly off.

"I am Lady Athena. The goddess of wisdom, crafts and battle strategy. So I will tell you now, if you turn off your telly at this very moment, you will have angered the gods. For the rest have not had a chance to introduce themselves. But before I allow them to do that, I have a few more things to say.

"The reason you were not aware of the god's existent before this was simply because of the Mist. The Mist acts as a veil between our realm and yours. It shields your eyes from anything unnatural. Sadly, the Mist has fallen. A week ago, there was a battle. You don't need to know the details, only that the opposition was Gaea, Mother Earth. A brave son of Hephaestus managed to destroy her, but Gaea had one last Rick up her sleeve. She ripped apart the Mist. No one knows how she did it. All we know is she did. So now all you mortal's are able to see what you normally would not be able. And this is why I now must let the rest of the gods introduce themselves."

Athena smirks at the camera, picturing all the eye rolling, but intense whispering that is happening around the world.

"I present you now, with the gods." She does a hand sweep around room and the camera backs up automatically, revealing the throne room in Olympus, and the 12 somber looking Olympians.

Athena returns to her owl throne right as Zeus stands. "I am Zeus. Lord of the Sky. King of the Gods." He sits.

"I am Lady Hera. Goddess of Marriage and Family. Queen of the Gods," a woman wearing beautiful white robes and an ugly scowl implanted in her face says.

A man sitting on a blue and green throne stands next. "I am Poseidon. Earth shaker. Lord of the Seas."

"I am Hephaestus. God of Blacksmith and Forges." Grease smears stand out on his already disfigured face.

"I am Dionysus. God of Wine and Madness. Disobey me, I will turn you into a dolphin." The god's eyes harden. "Joey, there is no reason to speak like that." He snaps his fingers. "Good luck in the sea. Not."

"Ares," a red faced god barks. "God of War. Don't cross me."

A blond god stands and leans casually against his throne. "I am Apollo. Nice to meet you. I'm the god of music and poetry. Speaking of poetry, how about a haiku, just for you guys?"