Piper McLean

BRASON IS BACK 😎
(if you've never read the fault in our stars 1) skip the first little bit. 2) go read it. Thanks) Disclaimer: I do not own The Fault in Our Stars either.

I sit crosslegged on one of the benches of the arena, reading my book. It was called The Fault in Our Stars. Mom gave it to me as a birthday gift. I ignored it for the longest time, thinking it was just one of those annoying romance, everything-is-okay-in-the-end, books.

It's not guys. It not.

Gus, don't you die now. I don't care if the doctors say you're going to die. DON'T DIE ON ME! DON'T DIE ON HAZEL GRACE!

It's these times that I realize I take after my mother.

Thump. I look up from my heart wrenching to see Percy, Leo and a confused looking Jason sitting in front of me. Strangely Percy and Leo both sport serious faces.

"Hey," I say, a little awkwardly since all they're doing is staring at me in dead silence.

"Piper. You might want to sit down for this," Leo tells me.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "I am sitting down."

"Oh." He looks at me. "Well put your feet down on the ground, it'll make you steadier."

"Okay..." I station my feet on the ground.

"Perce, tell her."

I look at Percy.

He shakes his head gravely. "I bring bad news, Piper."

"Uh huh."

"You will probably cry."

"I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars. Do not lecture me on the art of crying."

"You will be angry."

"Shocking."

"Leo and I advise that you not strangle Ophelia or Jason."

Ignoring the whole 'Ophelia' thing, I ask, "Why would I want to strangle Jason?"

"Because of what we're about to tell you."

"Oh gods! Just tell me the dam news!" I explode.

Percy immediately descends into a fit of laughter. "You said 'dam'!"

"Percy!" Leo slaps the raven haired boy.

"Sorry." Percy snaps back into serious mode. He takes my hand. What...?

"Jason's cheating on you."

Something inside me breaks. I don't want to, but I force myself to look at who I thought was my boyfriend. "Jason...is this true?"

Shock, puzzlement, and complete and udder bewilderment flash across his face. "No! I have no clue what the Hades they're talking about!"

Percy looks at Jason incredulously. "Jason Grace! You dare insult your true love!"

"My true love!?" Jason cries.

I decide to stay quiet. If Jason really was cheating on me, Percy and Leo wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it, and Jason would've told me himself anyways.

"OPHELIA!" Leo and Percy shout.

"WHO THE HADES IS OPHELIA!?"

"YOUR TRUE LOVE!" they both exclaim.

"THAT'S PIPER!" Awww, thanks Jason.

Percy and Leo's eyes widen. "Jason. You didn't!"

"I didn't what?" asks Jason, genuinely confused.

Percy and Leo swarm around a brick that had been sitting behind Leo the entire time. "Ophelia, it's okay," says Percy. "He loves you. He's just in denial. He can't admit that he loves you more than Piper in front of her. He's out of whack at the moment. Don't listen to him right now." Percy pats the brick.

Leo whispers only Zeus knows what to the brick. Then he pauses. "That right?" Confirmation must come because Leo turns to Jason, brick in hand. "Ophelia says that if you kiss her, Percy, me and Ophelia will all leave alone so you can break the news to Piper. Deal?"

"But—"

"DEAL?"

"Yes. Yes. Sure. Deal." The two shake on it. Percy wears an impassable expression. I try not to laugh.

Jason, peering strangely at his two friends and eyeing the brick suspiciously, kisses Ophelia the brick.

Leo and Percy start to scream, "BRASON LIVES ON!" while running around camp.

Jason comes and sits down next to me. "Sorry about that."

"Am I really your true love?"

He blushes profusely and nods ever so slightly.

I tackle him with a kiss. In the background all I hear is Percy's voice screeching, "Ophelia! I'm sorry girl! Don't be mad! Jason's perfect! He's just letting Piper down easy! No! Ophelia! Do not give up on BRASON! There cannot be BRASON without a brick! You're the brick! He needs someone stable in his life!"

And it kept going on and on and on...

So yeah. That wasn't exactly BRASON. More just like Percy and Leo being nuts and shipping BRASON insanely. I might do another actual kind of BRASON-y chapter...but I'm not sure.

(Vote/comment/fan)
~omgitshappenninning 😜