A New Beginning-

"Again!?" Micheal watched in awe as the missile exploded mid-air. Suddenly, rockets counter-fired off to their left against the other two pelicans before they could react, raining fire against the base. The lead one turned to where the rockets came from, but they were already too late. A new volley of rockets shot  a couple hundred feet into the air before impacting into the Pelican, it also crumpling into the ground. Except, for Micheal, it happened in slow motion...probably him getting over his shock from almost getting blasted to death. 

Time sped up again, and red flares and alarms flashed on and off; the warning alarms telling the enemy personnel to get battle-ready. 

"ONI sent their pets again!" Shultz cursed, throwing his weapon into the snow in frustration. 

"You shouldn't talk that way about them..."Tyron warned. 

"Why do you like them so much!?" Shultz demanded.

"I don't! They're taking my pay away!"

"Wait, I'm confused. You're crushin' on one?" Shultz spat acidly.  

"No...but they Keep saving our lives. More importantly, the mission." Tyron said softly. His face was red in the frequent flashes, so he was obviously mad...but it was hard to hear his tone from the alarms. 

"Well, you and I have different ambitions then!" Shultz retorted heatedly.

Micheal hated when the two got like this, but he kept his distance. Better to battle it out away from danger. He gazed past the snow and saw ennie soldiers attempting resistance against the intruding Spartans. He almost felt bad for them...almost. But still! Why does this always happen!? Any time they were about to fail, they always make their damn dramatic entrances, either saving their butts or...well, nothing much after that. It's true, they only intervene after their fates had been decided, and the Spartans take it into their own hands to change it! This was the third time this had happened!

He couldn't help to agree with Shultz, but then again, Tyron wasn't wrong either. He crossed his arms, debating whether or not to run the quarter mile to the base and help out the Spartans...definitely would end this stupid argument!

"Whatever, dude!" Tyron finally said, slumping into the eight foot snow dune they were standing on. It was about two feet across at the top and a ninety degree angle straight below them, towards the base; kind of how a cliff is. Behind them, it was a gradual slope until flat ground; a snow desert. He could tell it was a prisoner work site, otherwise it would've been opposite. 

Micheal collapsed next to Tyron, feeling the ice-cold snow against the back of his head. 

"So, team! What now?" Shultz put an angry emphasis on the word team, making it clear he was still mad. 

"We wait. Or we can turn around now, if you want?" He offered, ignoring Shultz's tone. The alarms were starting to get on his nerves now. 

"I say, we wait...it feels nice here. Besides, the Spartans'll be done in about an hour or so...that long enough?" Tyron asked.

Shultz nodded, warming to the idea, but still determined to stay mad at them. 

"Okay, two on one," Micheal lied. He agreed with them, but he said he didn't so the two could agree on something together. Tyron raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. 

"Sleeping on the job?" A powerfully amplified voice shouted up to them; a female. Of course, it sounded unnatural...like a Spartans. He looked sat up and looked down, not surprised to see a seven foot figure as black as midnight looking up at them. 

"Call it whatever you will. I need my beauty sleep," Micheal smiled, satisfied with himself. He got chuckles with his team-mates, too. 

"Tsk-tsk. Always the same with you three," The Spartan chided. 

"Yeah. Same old song and dance. Gettin' old, don't you think?"Shultz said this time. 

"Sure. If you don't like the classics," She surprised them. One of Shultz favorite songs was an ancient "classic-rock" 1970's song, or something around that time. How could she possibly know that?

"How do you kno-"

"You'd be surprised with what I know. And actually, that was a lucky guess." 

"Yeah right!" Shultz said, not buying it.

"No, really! It's true! But it's not my place to persuade you. Oh well," She shrugged awkwardly. Spartans were obviously not antiquated with civilian body language. 

"Right...well, when are you and your buddies going to be finished?" Micheal asked more curiously than sarcastically. 

"When is he going to done?" She corrected,"I'm not sure. I give it...forty minutes or so. There seems to be more security there than usual, for some reason," She judged. 

"Okay. Well, will you be so kind as to pick us up when you're finished or do we have to hike back?" Tyron asked. 

"And, why aren't you helping him?" Shultz added, troubled. 

"Well, that's why I'm here. While the cavalry takes care of business in there, I'm assigned to babysitting duty to make sure you guys don't screw up anything out here!" She said dreadfully, like it was the worst insult anyone has ever given her. Spartans were like hulkified ODST's. Those guys breathed blood just to live.

"Yeah, like we're the ones to screw anything up!" Shultz glared at her. 

"Yeah, well...repeat that!" The Spartan's tone turned serious and she instinctively grabbed her BR.

"What!" Shultz reached in the snow and grabbed the barrel of his gun, the only part not buried in snow. The other two locked all of their muscles, naturally forming a perimeter, sweeping the area with their weapons. 

"You three! Let's go!" The Spartan said, turning towards the base. Shultz didn't look happy, but he followed the Spartan and his team anyway...Micheal had a bad feeling things were about to go to Hell.