Mortal Dictata-

August 23rd 2552-
   Over the last month or so, Micheal had put up with ONI. This was the last straw. They couldn't save one girl, so how the hell did they expect to save a whole planet! He winced as he got up. He  saw that he was still wearing a hospital gown with black socks. He decided that it was finally time to blow this joint! He wished he could have literally blew the place, but he sadly had no explosives...besides, it wouldn't make him anymore human. He'd do just about anything for revenge...except get on their level. But first, he'd have to figure out how to escape this prison. 

   Micheal balanced the pain on his torso by shifting his weight on his hands as he sat up. He reached behind him; and made sure to grab Lindsay's last words to him. He kept it clutched in his right hand as his body clenched at the familiar but unusual feeling of stretching out. He leaned against the side of the bed as he stood up, the pain burning all over his body. He made a backwards hissing sound as he sucked in from the pain shooting all over him; it was as if someone had ripped off tape off of all his body and then dumped steaming water all over him.

   Micheal slowly but surly made his way to the exit. No guards were post in the vicinity; that was weird. He immediately knew what was happening. They knew he was trying to sneak out. He'd have to out smart them then; take a route that wasn't expected. Each step he took was careful and small; the significance large. It slowed him down, but it prevented the chances of him stretching something out too much. On his own...he'd take too long. He wondered where his team was. 

   Micheal knew where to go. He was going to go to the comms center to contact his team. Once he got a hold of them though, it was obviously going to be connected to the out-logs so they'd have to be swift with their pick up, if even possible. If not, and Micheal was caught, he could get tried for restricted access to classified information. They already knew Micheal had no motive for getting into that, but with the current situation, the UNSC/ONI could not risk a thing. He could be punished by death by something like that. But that was a risk he was willing to take. He'd give himself a bullet to his temple before being forced to stay here...it was their faults she was gone! And they were going to pay! 

   Micheal made it out of the infirmary. He supported himself as he limped against the wall, but for some reason, he felt the pain miraculously disappear. He tested it by letting go of the wall. It was normal. What the hell did ONI do to him? Wait. What day was it? Maybe it was just him getting used to walking again. It was possible he was in a short term coma. The thought shook him to his core. 

   The lighting outside of the room; in the hallway, was dimmed. Something was up. It was never dark in an ONI hospital. He visibly shuttered, wondering what kind of shit he was about to get into. He breathed out, taking everything in as he made his way down the hall. It was a regular hall, like any other hospital. But something about it automatically made it eerie...ONI styled. And it wasn't because the lights were off.  Micheal made it all the way down the hall and to the double doors right before the staircase that lead upwards...or not, he thought as he read the floor level: -53. What? They were in an asteroid! How were they this deep? 

   He saw an info-pad tacked against the wall before the doors. He turned it on, and he saw the date. Almost a month after he was last awake! That wasn't good. He shook his head as if that would clear his vision, but it didn't help anything. He opened the doors, and found something useful: an elevator. The small landing he was in was square with the stairs to his left leading up. He was at the very bottom of the facility; because there were no stairs leading down. The small white room was well lit...that was strange. The green illumination on the up arrow of the elevator proved that it was operable. 

   He tapped the up arrow, or he thought he did, but the green light went out. He got light headed...what had just happened? He saw a crack where his finger had tapped the arrow. He'd never had this strength before! He could've sworn he had only tapped it, and not slammed it with all his strength. The marble engravings that held the holographic touch-sensitive response "buttons" were cracked and since they weren't buttons...the only place he could have cracked was the marble. He looked at his hands and realized...he wasn't Micheal! He was someone else. His muscles were too large and they started to burn when he wasn't moving. He waved his hands to get the feeling back. ONI...the bastards! What had those monsters done to him!