Chapter 4

The lady's name who I soon found out was Dana smiled towards me "Sadly some people- like me aren't allowed onto Mr. Fernandi's floor." I gave her a simple nod and thanked her. I presumed to push the number 4.

I fixed my hair as the elevator dinged showing that it was at the correct floor. I gripped onto my purse and took in a deep breath, you're doing this for your future Ariel.

I walked up to the desk and politely asked for the office number of Mr. Fernandi. The lady told me that his office was the first door on the left, I quickly nodded and walked off to the office door, I mustered up as much courage as I could and opened the door without knocking- bloody hell.

Mason was full on making out with his old assistant, his tanned torso was out on full display as he was so relentlessly groping and grabbing onto the woman's clothes eager to take them off.

My eyes widened and my purse fell from my hands and met the ground creating a loud bang throughout the room, I fumbled over my words as I tried to scurry off and leave, a rough yet soft hand gripped onto my wrist as piercing hazel eyes shot through my body- Perhaps from the anger that I interrupted his 'meeting' with his old assistant I'm assuming.

I glanced up from the floor to take in Mason's face. His hazel eyes held such anger towards my being, his lips held a deep scowl. You could almost feel the anger radiating from him 60,000 miles away.

Snapping sounded throughout the room, I looked around to see Mason snapping basically in face.
"What the fuck are you doing in my office?" My nervousness that was mistakenly there before was long gone. The only feeling that was there is anger, who in the world does this person think he is?

Mason's POV

Why does this girl keep on coming into my life?Does she feel my feelings of hatred for her?

When I first saw her it was in the spa at first I thought she was rather cute but as soon as she opened up that sarcastic mouth of hers my instant feeling of hatred kicked in and left me with nothing left to feel for her.

I raked my eyes up and down subtly checking out her outfit- In all honestly I preferred the robe, if you know what I mean. But that still doesn't acknowledge the fact that she interrupted something that was important to me- Wait why is she even here?

"I'm here because I came for an interview not a cheap Walmart porno." She hastily said, I snorted in amusement "Of course you watch porn, since you obviously don't have a boyfriend." she seemed slightly offended by my comment but quickly masked it with a renowned look of anger.

"You know what?! since you obviously have no intentions of hiring me I might as well leave." An aching feeling suddenly appeared in my chest- what in the bloody hell is going on? Do I possibly have feelings for this overly snarky and sarcastic person? I hope I don't.

"What makes you think that I don't want to hire you? I already think you have the job." A heartwarming smile appeared onto her face "Really?!" I shrugged my shoulders "Yes you do. I can't wait to have you working with me it'll be so much fun." Somehow I couldn't tell if her becoming my assistant was for my own selfish desires or just for my own self hatred towards her.

She left my office but not before she hurriedly gave me her incompetent words of thanks. I strolled over towards my desk and sat down onto my chair with a sigh.

This girl has somehow has made her way into my life and I'm not sure if I'm fully prepared for any new kind of relationship.

After reviewing new documents that have just been sent through from other potential business partners, I was finally done for the day. I gathered my briefcase and suit jacket and left the empty office that I find myself calling home more than the actual place I reside at.

My chauffeur Thomas escorts me back to my flat in downtown New York. I flick on the lights and walk towards my kitchen I took no hesitation in grabbing the bottle with the highest amount of alcohol in it.

I picked up the glass and sat down onto my love chair the papers from earlier were messily spread onto the coffee table, a horrible aching feeling  suddenly started to pound in the back of my skull causing me to drop the glass, the shards rose up and cut my cheek.

I stumbled my way into my bedroom and fell into my bed, the pain successfully put me to sleep.

"Mason?" my eyes casted over the girls face, it was Ariel. She was wearing a white wedding dress that looked absolutely beautiful on her, A genuine smile was on her face. I looked down at my outfit and saw that I was in a classic black and white suit- wait are me and Ariel getting married?

"Oh I'm sorry love. Sorry for zoning out I was just thinking about how lucky I am to be able to marry you." I chuckled nervously; the words I had just spoken slipped out almost as if I had no control over them.

"Do you Mason Alexander Fernandi take Ariel Sanderson to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

I shot up out of my sleep, a cold sweat ran over my body, the dream that I just had seemed to be so true, the feelings I felt seemed so genuine I couldn't compare it to any other feeling I have ever felt before.

I walked into my bathroom and swallowed a couple tablets of Motrin to reduce the still raging headache that has yet to go away. I peeled of my work clothes and put on a pair of basketball shorts and a plain black t-shirt.

I walked back into my living room the pristine white carpet was stained with the remnants of the alcohol from hours ago, I shrugged my shoulders Theresa will come and clean it later- Lazy I know, but hey if you have someone that's paid to do something why not take full advantage of it?

That's right I just reminded myself; that dream was and will not be real. How did I ever stoop so low into thinking that I could ever fall for someone like Ariel? I'm Mason Fernandi and I don't do relationships only business.