Chapter 7

Ariel's POV (^ mason)

Some may say curiosity killed the cat, and I guess that's exactly what happened to me. As soon as I listened in on what Mason was saying I got caught mere seconds after the moment.

"What are you doing?" Mason seethed. I looked down at my shoes avoiding his glare. "Answer me Ariel."

I kept my gaze at me feet as I answered him "I thought I heard my name and I assumed that I was going to be fired so I ease dropped on your conversation, I'm sorry sir."

I didn't know if Mason could tell if I was lying or not but he just simply nodded his head and left me standing there with my heart pounding painfully against my chest from the realization of getting caught and the new information I just had found out.

Mason's POV

Why does this girl always have to cause me trouble? First she fiddles her way into my mind causing me to think about her when I never wanted to in the first place and now she's trying to find her way into my other way of business.

My other business is something that she absolutely needs to stay out of. What I do can put my company and my family in danger if just one simple thing happens– Which happened today.

Someone in my "other business" slipped up and now I have to clean the mess up before it gets out of hand.

I walked into the elevator and let my thoughts consume my mind until it stopped at the basement floor.

I looked both ways to see if I was the only person in the parking garage. I swiftly walked towards my car and hopped inside.

I dialed one of my co-workers Caden Blake and tried to simplify some of the new plans that we might have to execute because of one of my employees. Shortly I arrived at the warehouse and lit up one of the cigars I had in my dashboard.

I let the smoke calm down my nerves and relieve the tension I had built up. I walked into the building with my head held high, I didn't want people to think I lost my calm demeanor.

All of my employees hung their heads low as I walked past them. They knew something was wrong but didn't know how to fix the issue. Finally I found the person who made this big ordeal– Tal Yusuf.

Tal was a new recruit, I remember the first time I ever saw him. He was sitting in the alleyway right by Fernandi inc. He looked hopeless, sad, and desperate.

I saw something in him that no one else saw. So I hired him, I gave him a job and now I'm looking back on my decision, I realized my mistake.

"Tal, I thought I could trust you and you pull some amateur shit like I didn't train you for all those painstaking weeks?" I follow up before he could speak.

  "You knew that Emilio Ale was our rival and you go and sell to his men? Now he's gonna know who works for us and I'm damn sure that he sent people to follow you back– So now he knows our location too! Your mistake caused the rest of us to be put in danger so now you must fix this issue that you have caused."

I see tears stream down his face as he attempts to wipe them off. "I'm so sorry sir. I will do anything to make up for what I have done– but I can't lose this job! I'll be homeless again and I'll lose my family, please give me another chance."

I ran a hand through my hair and stared down at him. "Pull this stunt again and I will not hesitate to kill you." His eyes lit up with joy and he gets down on his hands and knees and grabs my hands and kisses the back of them.

As soon as he's off of the floor I wipe my hands off on my pants and turn up my nose in disgust. "Now all of you have to make sure that security is up. If anyone tries to make a deal with us, look into their background and report to me– got it?"

They all nod their heads and get back to work. Now the only thing I have to worry about is my own safety. This all was just to stressful, I wish I just kept my peaceful life in Italy. If only my brother didn't have to ruin everything for me and my mother, I would still be there.

As I'm walking back to my car my phone rings. I look down at the screen to see who it is and I'm met with an unknown contact. "Who are you?" A deep chuckle rings through the phone "It pains me that you don't have your own brothers contact saved."

I scoff "I don't talk to people who tend to ruin my life." He laughs once again "Well that's not what I'm here to talk about brother. I was wondering if I could take out that sexy assistant of yours. She looks like she could be a good fuck."

"You will do nothing to her and if I find out you're out with her right now I will fight you." I hang up the phone before he can respond. and I rush to my car.

Soon I end up at the building and walk to my office in hopes of seeing Ariel. I go into the room and walk to the door to her office and notice that she isn't there. I dial her number and call her quickly and as soon as I call her I'm sent to voicemail.

I sit down in my chair and hold my head in my hands, my brother can't do this to me. Ariel is the only assistant that's ever stood out to me– and also stood up to me. I need to put an end to this before he ends up having sex with her and she ends up quitting.

I can't lose her, no matter how long I have known her she had made such and impact on my life and I'm still not sure whether it's for good or bad?

qotd:what do you think of this book? Is it absolute trash or is it good? & What are your fav artists?

A/N: WE HIT 15K GUYSSSS IM GONNA CRY THANK YOU GUYS FOR GETTING THIS BOOK SO FAR SO QUICK IK I SUCK AT UPDATING AND ALL BUT YALL CONTINUED READING THIS BOOK AND MADE MY LITTLE HEART SWELL WITH JOY ANYWAYS THANKS FOR GETTING THIS BOOK SO FAR AND DONT FORGET THAT I LOVE YOU💖