Chapter 6

Ariel's POV

We walked into the cafe, the awkward silence was still there. Occasionally I caught Mason steal glances at me during the car ride– needless to say I also got caught staring too.

Everything was going swell until a tall man with a perfectly sculpted face and mysterious chocolate brown eyes with a light mustache growing neatly across his face with luscious long brown hair that fell handsomely just below his ears– This man was extremely sexy but personally in my opinion Mason looked better.

"Ciao il mio caro fratello." (Hello my dear brother.) The velvety words fell out of the mysterious mans mouth as he strode closer to where Mason and I were sitting.

"Cosa stai facendo qui?" (what are you doing here?)Mason abruptly stood up and shouted the words that I think is Italian.

I switched my gaze towards Mason's "friend" and smiled a little bit– I mean what could I do he was very handsome and it's not always that someone like that appears near me.

Mason's nostrils flared as he shouted more things in Italian towards him, The mysterious man raised his hands and smirked at me causing me to blush. At this gesture Mason looked as if he was ready punch him.

Finally Mason said something I could understand, "Ariel we're leaving." I quickly got up and put everything in my purse and grabbed my cardigan.

I waved at the mysterious man and smiled a bit feeling bad about the whole encounter. Mason roughly grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the car– Who does he think he is?

"You do not get to just drag me around like some rag doll because your little friend pissed you off." Mason's jaw clenched and unclenched "Look I'm sorry, that guy you saw in there w-was my brother Andres Fernandi..."

The more I pondered in the thought the more the two resembled each other. "Well what were you guys talking about in there?" he was all too quick to snap at me "It's none of your concern." I just simply nodded my head and opened the car door and went on Pinterest.

Mason sighed of frustration and opened his car door and sped off towards the office, "Excuse me where are you going? My house is this way." The brown haired man looked at me as if I grown two heads "We still have work to do Ariel"

I folded my arms over my chest and glared at him "I can do it tomorrow. I want to get out of the way since I'm too nosy." Mason scoffed and rolled his eyes "Is this what you're fussing about right now?" I looked out the window and watched the cars pass by.

Mason acted as if what he said would have no effect on me. The way he said it made me seem like some nosy teenager even though I am indeed 24 years old.

"Well what do expect me to do?" At that moment the car became silent again, it was filled with all the words I wanted to say but I held them back due to my own stubbornness and Mason's natural hostility.

We pulled up at my apartment building and I unbuckled my seatbelt and walked out of the car but was stopped as soon as Mason honked his car horn at me nearing making me topple over air.

"What do you want?" I practically shouted. The brown haired man smirked at me and said smugly "Maybe I'll tell you tomorrow if you come to work tomorrow."

I crossed my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes, "Okay."

The morning after my encounter with Mason and his brother confused me down to the core it was almost to the point where I wanted to learn Italian so if I ever met him again I would know what they were saying.

I got dressed into a black dress that hugs everything in the right way. I paired the dress with my favorite pair of nude heels. I grabbed my car keys and my purse and then I was rushing out the door.

As I was making my way up to the top floor I was greeted by an all too relaxed Mason sitting in his office on his phone. The sight made an unknown anxiety I never knew I had come about.

"Hello." I softly spoke. Mason just nodded his head and continued staring at his phone. Suddenly he looked up towards me with wide eyes and said sternly "Ariel can you please leave the room for a moment."

I obeyed his orders and left the room anxiously waiting in the hallway. I silently crept near the door and listen in on Mason's conversation. I know it may sound wrong but my curiousness got the best of me and I needed to know what he was saying.

Mason spoke worriedly to the person on the phone "Why would you let this happen? I gave you an order and now you put so many people in danger you uomo stolto!"(foolish man)

I inaudibility gasped. Numerous thoughts ran through my head and the only one that stuck out was "What did that person do to put so many lives in danger?"

Qotd: who do you think Mason was on the phone with??

{oops I left it on a cliff hanger. hehe I know ur probably like "Deja why the heck haven't you updated in like 2,000 years?!" well ik I haven't but I apologize for slacking off for the longest fukin time but I promise I'll update soon and jazz so bye}