Chapter 5

Power.
That's what I craved and that's what I needed. I wanted to be able to hold so much force that I could simply be able to ruin someone's life with just two simple words.

The business world is hard and to be able to survive and to be able to climb higher to the top you would need to push and shove and use force to be able to have your own way.

So that's exactly why I needed the power.

I needed to become the richest and the most dangerously powerful man there ever is to exist; and I guess you can see that I got my way because I'm the one and only Mason Fernandi.

The day that I set foot into my fathers office 10 years ago everything changed for me.

The once careless mindset I possessed at the mere age of 20 left and the only thing that remained was to be able to be the most powerful man there is to ever exist.

I wanted to be to better than my father and I guess somehow I reached that level.

I remember my fathers words on that fateful day.

"A successful business man is nothing without someone to cherish and hold. Before you can even think about becoming successful in the business world get married to a beautiful woman that you shall share your future with." 

I sighed in frustration, why couldn't I just find someone to love. I'm so sick and tired of the same boring routine.

I just want to come home and see my lovely wife' face and to see my children running around the place that I'll gladly be able to call my home.  Is that too much to ask? 

At work I hear my office phone go off, I picked it up and saw that it was coming from Brianna or Brenda- I don't know which name it is.

"You're new secretary, Ariel Sanderson is here." I hung up the phone after but not before telling her to allow Ariel into my office.

I straightened up my tie and fixed the stray hairs that escapes from my neatly combed hair, I popped a mint into my mouth and patiently awaited for her entrance.

When my office doors opened I could have sworn a feeling of excitement and complete adoration ran through my body and left me with a tingly feeling.

Ariel stepped into my office looking so effortlessly beautiful- It was way beyond my comprehension.

Her soft voice rang thought the deafening silence. "I don't know what to do s-sir?" She said her last statement almost as if she had no clue as to what she was saying herself.

I chuckled "You can call me Mason- well only when you're around me." "-But what you can be doing is sorting out those files on that table over there and then when you're done you can reply to emails on this computer."

I handed her; her work laptop and silently prayed that she'll adjust well.

I would never admit this out loud but I really wanted to get to know her–But the frustrating thing is that she may not feel the same way. This is like starting to sound like a fuckïng middle school relationship.

Two hours has passed by and neither of us has spoken a word to each other. The deafening silence filled the room with an uncomfortable aura.

Ariel soon walked up to my desk her bright blue eyes nervously casted upon my face. "I finished the work you gave me Mason." A delicate smile etched it's way into her face, she was so beautiful.

"Okay we can take a break for the day, would you like to go get some coffee?" she nodded her head the graceful smile she had was still there- And so was the tingly feeling this woman gave me.

{I'm so sorry that this chapter was really bad, it was simply a filler but I promise that I will post a longer chapter sometime this week. But please remember to comment and vote}