Chapter five- Raira Academy

Mallori's pov

   "Shinra called. He said you start school tomorrow."

   "Don't remind me."

I fell back onto the couch, and I could hear Izaya get up from his chair, and walk over. Laying both his arms on the back of the couch, he looked down at me. 

   "I went to that school."

   "I already know. And that's the place where you met Shinra and Shizuo. You even have a story about how you claimed to stab Shinra. Blah blah blah, I know."

   "How did you know that?"

Quickly realizing my mistake, I looked up at him and gave a nervous smile. 

   "Uhh...Shinra told me!"

I sat up and tried to play it off, but Izaya could tell I was lying. He walked back over to his desk, and sat down. I got up off the couch, and walked over to the window. The sunset today was beautiful. 

   "Wow..."

Izaya must have noticed me, because he spun in his chair, and smirked. I pulled my phone out, and took a picture. Looking at it, I loved the parts of the sun were being blocked by tall buildings. 

   "Who knew you would be so interested in the sun?"

   "Of course I am. I love both the sun and moon. They work together, and without them, none of us would be here. Weird to think about. I mean, if certain gases never existed, then neither would we."

He continued staring at me, a puzzled look on his face. That probably just made it harder for him to figure me out. Smiling at my victory, I walked in front of him, and leaned down. 

   "Someone looks confused."

He smirked, grabbed my hand, and pulled me closer. 

   "You know, Mallori I think you're the most beautiful person in the world."

Wait, he's joking right? I tried my hardest to fight it, but I could feel my face heating up. 

   "I think I might actually be in love with you."

Yep. My face looks like a tomato. He leaned in next to my ear, and I could feel his warm breath hit my skin. 

   "Just kidding."

Wiggling my way out of his grip, I glared at him. 

   "You...Ugh!"

I turned around, and walked to my room, slamming the door behind me. He always seems to find a way to piss me off! Pulling my phone out, I scrolled through all my old contacts. My finger stopped when I seen my grandmas's contact. I miss her more than anything. I clicked on her contact, and the same voice appeared. 

   "I'm sorry, but the person you are trying to reach is not available. Please try again later, or leave a message."

   "Hi! You've reached Martha! I'm sorry I can't get to your call at the moment. Leave your name and number and I'll contact you as soon as possible!"

A long beep was heard, and I decided to leave a message, knowing she wouldn't get it. 

   "Hi, Nana. I miss you. I miss you a lot. I...I wish I could see you right now."

My voice started trembling, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 

   "I know you won't get this, but some part of me believes you will. Silly right? I love you, Nana."