Chapter seven- The thunder

Izaya's pov

Once Mallori walked out the door, I leaned back and stared out the ceiling. Why is she always on my mind? She's just another a human, so why? Could it be the way I know nothing about her? Or maybe that she never fails to surprise me? I was so lost in thought I didn't realize Namie walked in. 

   "You seem to be thinking hard."

   "Yea, I guess. Its just I don't understand how one human can bother me so much."

It was silent for a moment, until Namie burst out laughing. 

   "You...You don't understand?"

   "No!"

   "You know, I actually am excited to see how this will turn out."

I glared at her, then grabbed my binoculars to look out the window. As I scanned the area, I spotted Shizu-chan! But he's with someone...is that Mallori!? This feeling started growing inside of me that I've never felt before. 

   "Grip those things any tighter, and you'll break them."

   "I have to go."

I grabbed my coat, ran outside, and started running down the sidewalk trying to catch up with them. 

   "God dammit, why am I even doing this?"

A blonde mop flashed by a group of people, so I got as close as I could without being noticed. 

   "So how's the flea treating you?"

   "Okay, I guess. I'm just so tired of playing these little games with him!"

Mallori stomped her foot down, causing her brown hair to jump. 

   "I'm just so used to always being alone, so it bothers me he is just...always there! But don't get me wrong, I enjoy being with you."

She gave him a smile, and my stomach knotted at his words. 

   "Hold on. We're being followed."

Pushing myself farther back into the shadows, I smirked at Shizu-chan. 

   "Come with me."

He grabbed her hand, and started rushing down the sidewalk. Without even thinking, I ran up, and ripped her hand out of his. 

   "IZ-AY-YYYAA."

   "Good morning to you, Shizu-chan."

   "Get over here you bloodsucking flea!"

   "Afraid not. I'd love to stay and play, but I have some important business to attend to. We'll be going now."

   "We'll?"

I lifted Mallori up, and threw her over my shoulder. A pole came flying towards us, but I dodged it. 

   "My, my! Shizu-chan, are we trying to hurt Mallori-chan?"

   "Put her down, dammit!"

Mallori wasn't struggling in my arms, but instead going with it. A smirk appeared on my face, and I turned around to start running. 

   "See you later!"

Running off with Mallori over my shoulder, I made it back to the apartment, and set her down. 

   "Why did you do that!?"

   "Why didn't you try and stop me?"

   "Because I knew you wouldn't listen! You never do!"