Chapter eight- Where is he?

Mallori's pov

Its been a week, and they still haven't called school back in, so I've been stuck here this entire time.

   "Izaya, I'm gonna go for a walk."

   "Its still raining outside."

   "Oh well. Seeya."

I threw my sweatshirt on, and walked out the door. After about ten minutes of walking, I passed by Simon's sushi shop, and seen Mikado inside. Walking in, all three of them were sitting down, having sushi. 

   "Yo."

   "Mallori!"

   "Its been a while."

   "Would you like to sit with us?"

   "Sure."

Masaomi slid over in the seat, and I sat down. 

   "Its been pouring for a week now."

   "I know. I wonder when the storm is going to let up."

   "Beats me. All I know is I'm tired of being stuck with Izaya."

For some reason, those words didn't feel the same coming out of my mouth. Almost like I didn't even want to say it. 

   "That's right. I forgot you're staying with him."

   "He hasn't done anything to you, has he?"

   "No, he hasn't. Besides annoy me."

   "Good."

Masaomi's fist loosened up a bit. That's right, I forgot those two don't get along. But wait, where's Saki? I thought her and Masaomi left together?

   "Masaomi?"

   "Yea?"

   "Where's Saki?"

He just stared at me for a moment, then shook his head. 

   "How do you know her?"

   "Well its not so much I know her, more like I know of her."

   "Oh, I don't want to talk about it."

   "Oh...Okay."

There was a large crash outside, and all of us got up to see what it was. As soon as a vending machine went flying by, we didn't even have to ask. Turning my head, I seen an angry looking Shizuo. 

   "Y-You're crazy!"

On the other side of me was a man with blood running down his face. I walked over to him, and kneeled beside him. 

   "Listen pal, I don't know who you are, but I'd get out of here while you can. That guy can throw a lot more than vending machines."

He gave me a quick nod, then got up and ran as fast as possible. 

   "So what'd this idiot do?"

   "He made me spill my drink!"

   "I- I don't even have anything to say back to that. Come on. I'll buy you another one."

He started calming down as we walked, and I realized I forgot Mikado and them. Oh well, I'll just see them later. 

   "You look terrible."

   "Gee, thanks. And I already know. I haven't been getting much sleep lately."

   "Why not?"