Chapter nine-Great

Mallori pov

   "I'm leaving."

   "Kay. Bye."

Namie opened the door, and I heard it shut. 

   "Mallori."

   "I thought you were leaving."

   "Why have you been so upset lately?"

   "Do you really care?"

   "To be honest with you, no. I'm really only asking to keep my curiosity in check."

   "Figures. And its none of your business."

   "You haven't been getting hardly any sleep lately. As soon as you get home everyday, you just mope around, and I can tell you've barely been eating."

   "That doesn't mean somethings wrong."

   "I wasn't born yesterday. Stop being so stubborn and tell me."

   "I haven't been sleeping because I have nightmares every night, okay?"

   "And why have you been moping around?"

   "Nightmares."

   "You might think that's a good lie, but its not. Could it have something to do with Izaya?"

   "N-No."

   "You're lying."

   "I am not!"

   "I do find it odd he's been gone for over a week, but I'm sure he'll be back soon. That is, if he hasn't gotten himself killed."

I shot up off the couch, and looked at her. 

   "You think he died!?"

A smile appeared on her face, and she set her bag down before walking over to me.

   "Izaya may make some stupid decisions, but we both know it would take a lot to kill him."

   "I guess that's true."

I sat back down on the couch, and sighed.

   "It hasn't stopped raining for two weeks now. If he's not here, where is he staying? He'd be stupid to stay outside like that."

   "I'm not sure. Have you tried calling him?"

   "Yes! I've called, texted, and left voice mails."

   "Do you have any idea why he'd leave?"

   "None. I mean I know his work keeps him out sometimes, but not this long."

I heard the door open again, and I waited to hear it shut. 

   "This might just be a possibility, but I think this is more than you just missing him."

   "I don't-"

The door shut before I could finish my sentence. Damn Namie. 

   "Why does everyone have to assume things like that?"

I mean, even Anri thought I did. Who could possibly love him? I mean, I think I miss him...but only because nobody else is ever here! I let out a huge grunt, and walked over to his desk. 

   "I told myself I wouldn't do this, but its killing me."

I turned it on, and opened up his email. 

   "Are you kidding me!?"

Everything had been erased. Checking his stupid chat site, all I found was everyone else talking.