Chapter twelve- Again?

Izaya's pov

After Mallori left, I started thinking about her hug. For some reason, when she pulled away, it felt like I had lost this warmth that I was beginning to love. She always seems to surprise me, and that's why...she's my favorite human. 

   "Well. Have a nice trip?"

   "Namie!"

She dropped her coat and bag on the chair, then sent me a glare. 

   "I hope you know that while you were gone, I had to deal with her mopey attitude. I couldn't even get her to eat or sleep."

   "Oh? How interesting."

   "For you, maybe. It was obvious she missed you."

   "Even better."

A smirk appeared on my face. So I'm finally winning the game? For a moment it seemed like I would lose. 

   "You know-"

I sat up, stretched, and looked out the window. 

   "Its only natural for all humans to love their god."

   "Still ranting about that?"

   "And being god, it is my job to watch over all humans."

   "I know I've mentioned this before, but as far as I know, all humans hate you."

   "Impossible."

I grabbed my binoculars, and looked out the window. My eyes landed on Mallori with Shiz-chan!

   "She never fails to surprise me."

   "Now what?"

   "She's with Shizu-chan."

   "So? They've actually become good friends from what I've seen."

Ignoring her comment, I continued watching. He stepped inside a store for a moment, and Mallori waited outside. Looking up at the sky, she said something. Looking over just a bit, there were a group of men walking towards her. Lets see how she handles this. Once she noticed them, her muscles tightened, but she stayed still. They began surrounding her, and Shizu-chan still hadn't came out of the store. 

   "What terrible timing."

One tried grabbing her, and my stomach lurched at his movements. Another reached out, and she slapped his hand away. You could obviously see her growing more and more angry. Out of no where, her right foot was swung at the man in the middle, giving him a direct hit to the head. 

   "There! That's what I was waiting for!"

Another reached out to grab her, and sent that one flying back with her fist. 

Mallori's pov

I can't help but get this feeling I'm being watched. Of course, I am being surrounded at the moment. 

   "You'll pay for that one!"

A man pulled a knife out, making me cringe. 

   "As if you could pull that off. The only person who-"

I cut myself off before going any further. Now was not the time to think about that deranged moron. When I wasn't paying attention, the knife was lunged at me, to late for me to dodge. 

   "Grab her."

My entire side began throbbing, just like how it felt the first day I met Izaya.