Chapter 1- Introduction

Authors Note- Hope you enjoy this little fanfic. Even if you are reading this the second it came out or years later, It means a ton to me!! I hope to put up about 2-3 chapters a week, more or less so enjoy!!  

~Thanks a bunch, Riri :P~

It is right after the Phoenix War. Garroth had declined his brothers offer as a Jury of Nine memeber and revenge on Laurmau, so he left their relationship alone for the time being.

~Garroth's POV~

The war is over. Thank Irene I think. I walk pass the O'khasis guards, scanning their faces for Zane. All motionlessness, I walk over to the plaza, where Nicole and her father are making up and discussing plans for assassinating Zane while Logan, Donna and Yip are talking to the Scaleswind knights. I talk about with everyone when I see Aphmau and Laurance at the gates. Better now than never I think, heading toward the gates. I jog over and talk to Laurance. 

"How is everything going, Laurance?" I say, slightly blushing since Aphmau is next to him, as beautiful as ever.

"Pretty good. There are still some O'khasis guards trying to get in. Our next course of action is to find Zane and either assassinate or imprison him." Says Laurance. 

"Sounds good to me" I say, heading over toward Aphmau. She looks so beautiful... but I will give Laurance and her their room. 

"I..Uh..Uh..Um.. Hhh..hii Lady Aphmau" I say stuttering slightly. "Uh... We need to talk" I say getting down to business. 

"Whats up, Garroth! Whats on your mind..." She says acting concerned. Was I too stern? Irene help me...

"Lets head over here" I say, pointing toward the Irene statue in all her glory. We walked and chat along they way, as she tells me about how the pendant is safe with Laurance, which makes me relieved yet slightly jealous that he is the holder. Once we get up the hill I talked what had happened with Zane earlier that day. The peaceful scene of Lady Irene is very calming to both of us.

"I just wanted to tell you what happened" I start. "And that is, Zane approached me this afternoon, right before the 'war'. He said that if I gave him the pendant, he would... he might..." I pause. I don't want her to know I saw her and Laurance AND like her back. I had a mini panic attack in my head.

"He would what? Kill you? Why... Never mind" she says biting her lower lip. She looks so beautiful biting her lip like that. So vulnerable and adorable I think. I snap out of my daze and remember what I was about to say.

"I...Uh...He...We..." I stuttered out. That's right Garroth blow it I think super quickly. "He said he would take over this region with me at his side. Ya! That's right!" Phew, just barely saved it. "He also talked about some kind of dimension, it was one of the divine warriors, but that's beside the point. I declined and he...um...Got MAD!! Ya!!" I show her the cut I got whist fighting against a O'khasis guard, just to show her to make her believe me. I feel so bad lying... but I'm doing the right thing, I think. I dunno...

"THAT LITTLE..." Aphmau started, and stopped herself. "Sorry, but we NEED to go find him ASAP. Who knows, maybe him and Brian will come back." she says. I look at her puzzled.

Brain...?? What does he have to do with any of this?

"Oh, you must not know. Brian, was the traitor I talked about." She says, looking very depressed. She lets out a single tear, "and all this time, all this time I trusted him with MY VILLAGE! In his hands. HOW DID I NOT KNOW???" She starts balling this time. I can tell she is stressed on all of the recent events, and I can't blame her. 

"M' Lady its okay..." I start as she cuts me off.

"How... am I going to tell Molly and Dave?? They will be DEVASTATED." She says. I go in to hug her. I feel the pink returning to my cheeks as I lift her off of the gravel and stone path she was once kneeling on. I put my arms around her, and instantly feel warmth. Like a winter fire once you have been standing in the snow. It forfills me. It makes me feel Magical. The memories of the tree house, when I met her first, when I knew I loved her. I back away as I realize she is taken, by one of my best friends. I flashback to the vivid memory.

~FLASHBACK~

I wander into the woods, following this mysterious figure.

If it does any harm to anyone in the village, I need to be there to stop it, even if it means giving up my life.

I see it disappear into the woods until I catch a glimpse of it again. It heads through a tree, almost as if leading me to this scene I cannot bare. It is Laurance and Aphmau, kissing. I quickly run away and don't feel well. This is the end for me I think may as well just not live. I slammed the door, cursing under my breath, feeling sweaty and cold, as my heart has just been shattered into a million pieces. 

~FLASHBACK ENDS~

"I Uh... Umm... am so sorry" I say whispering under my breath. 

"What?" She says, wiping the tears off her cheeks with her glove. 

"Uh... Nothing. Lets head back to Laurance." I say, my cheeks burning like a tomato. We head back to the gates. Laurance greets us, glad to not see us killed, I guess.

"Well, its about time." Laurance says. "Whats the game plan?" We ponder over it for a moment and decide to head out tomorrow in search of Zane. 

"Well, how will we know which direction he went in?" Aphmau said. I can tell she is worried he will get far and come back once his crew has fully recovered.

"I could ask Raven to scan the area. See what direction he may be heading" I suggest. Laurance and Aphmau nod in approval. After we discuss what we will do tomorrow, Laurance, Dante and I head back to the guard tower. We decide to take shifts patrolling the gates and watching the ocean for any sudden attacks. We have a few minutes to ourself when Laurance asks about Aphmau and I. 

"I was just wondering if, ya know. Its just that you've been so sick lately and I didn't know..." he pauses.

"Oh! No, no, no. I was just discussing my encounter with Zane. Long story short he offered me, something in return for giving him the amulet. I of course said no and he walked off, mumbling something like 'I'll get it soon' or something." I say.

"Well, what was he offering you?" said Dante, suddenly interested on the topic. What should I tell them?

"He said I could get revenge, on an old friend. But that is the past now, so don't worry guys, trust me." I say, walking toward the gate for patrol. Luckily, a few hours later Dante came to switch with me. I went to sleep, replaying the dreadful kiss over and over.