Chapter 19- Promise

Garroth's POV

This month has been wonderful yet weird.

The whole village knows about Zane and what we said but he hasn't come back to the village since. No letters, ships, messages; nothing.

This makes practically everyone in the village precautious, and I know for a fact it is making Aphmau on edge.

She has been longing to see little Levin and Malachi, not just hear them through the communication amulet. I know she did the right thing to ask them to stay a couple more months in the forest, where they are protected and safe.

Everyone else is doing alright. Dante and Nicole have moved in together in Nicole's house, which has slightly been expanded to a bigger basement and another story.

Laurance has been doing well also; he has actually tried dating a few of the main ladies still here and not on the ship, though he did not enjoy his date with Kawaii~Chan (too pink apparently) and Lucinda (too revolved around herself). Lastly however, he did take Katelyn on a date and liked it. And since then have gone on three dates. Me and Aph secretly ship them, but don't open our mouths.

Since all do the chaos as well, we have finished the expansion! We found out we made houses right by where Aaron used to live. So, he occupies one the new houses. Kawaii~chan also sleeps in one so her maid cafe had more room as well as Logan and Donna for their future family. The last one we are planning to save for Levin and Malachi when they get older, but it will act as a guest house for the time being.

As a matter of fact, we have gotten a few new villagers in the village who are skilled in fighting. We have Lucinda's apprentice, Hailey. She isn't very old, I would say she is eleven or so, but has a lot of potential power. She spars with Lucinda, Travis and Nicole often actually.

Speaking of Travis, We also have a magicks user named Marie. She has brown hair and green eyes and brought her son, Travis, with her to protect him from his father. He looks like his mother but has white hair. I see potential in him as well as he is related to this so called Demon Warlock. Lucinda keeps saying to keep an eye on him but, even given his age, seems like a younger brother who is nicer of course. Aphmau and I keep a close eye on him given that he is only eight (remember; there is a time skip!!!).

Me and Aphmau. Aph and I. We absolutely love it. Since that thunderstorm, Aph has insisted I sleep with her every night since it brings her comfort. I don't mind but I have to go downstairs all the time to get changed, but I would do anything to make her happy. We seem to be doing well, given we stay with each other practically 24/7. She has also officially made Aaron and Katelyn new guards. Katelyn is fully trained as Aaron also seems to be yet he shows his chest. We ignore it as he has excellent techniques.

Speaking of Aphmau, I should wake her up. It is about five and since everyone is on high alert, we have to patrol as early as possible. I sit up, careful not to wake her up. I outline her cheeks with my finger, light enough to wake her up with a smile.

"Hey" a sleepy Aphmau replies.

"Good morning my Queen." I say. "It's time to get up."

"Five more minutes?" she mumbles.

"You and I both know how that's goes" I smirk. She giggles and stretches and we eat breakfast. We depart with a kiss and I head downstairs and put on my armor. Once we are both finished, we walk, holding hands with our swords in the other. We check the docks, the tree house and surrounding homes, Kiki's farm area and lastly near Lucinda's place.

Once we finish looking for anything suspicious, we head to the main guard tower. Everyone is there that was supposed to patrol except Dante and Nicole. Must be doing something romantic, heh, at least we aren't last...