Chapter 23- What Happened?

Laurance's POV
I decide to check on Garroth. It's been about a day or two and I haven't seen him since we talked. I go to the barn to find nothing. He said something about the treehouse...

I jog toward the treehouse, passing all of the houses we have built recently; Kawaii~Chan's little place, the guest house and then we recently built Marie and lil' Travis' house up on the hill. I go up the ladder to find a chest of dusty toys but no Garroth. Out of the corner of my eyes I see a note.

Anyone reading this, I have ran away. Into the forest toward O'khasis. Do not bother finding me as I will probably pass as many do in that forest. Bye forever. -G

Oh no. No no no. I will not let this happen to my blood brother. The ink is still a little fresh and the room smells like him, kinda musky with a slight smell of flowers. I ignore it an sprint down to find Katelyn and Aphmau. We need to find him.

Aphmau's POV
I run his ring though my fingers and throw it across the room in sadness when Katelyn and Laurance barge in.

"What" I sniffle out.

"Garroth. He ran away..." Katelyn says painting for air.

"Yeah. He ran away from my life... And it's all my fault, you don't have to rub it in." I start crying once again.

"No. He legit ran away. He was in the treehouse but left this note." Laurance says, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper.

Anyone reading this, I have ran away. Into the forest toward O'khasis. Do not bother finding me as I will probably pass as many do in that forest. Bye forever. -G

I begin crying once again. WhaAnyone reading this, I have ran away. Into the forest toward O'khasis. Do not bother finding me as I will probably pass as many do in that forest. Bye forever. -Gt have I done.

"We need to find him." I say between my sobs.

"Well duh. Come on!" Katelyn says, picking me up out of bed. Just then, Aaron bursts through the door.

"I heard it. Everything. I'm coming." He says, with no emotion on his face. "I know how it is to loose a loved one. Trust me." We all look at each other. I am the only one looking with rage and envy as I don't want him to mess me and Garroth.

"Okay but if you do ANYTHING to Aphmau or Garroth, you dead." Says Katelyn in a very stern voice.

"I understand. I'm so sorry. I heard you and Garroth taking a few days ago. I have caused more pain then joy." He says, pointing toward Laurance.

"I will go tell the village we are leaving shortly. Say here and get Aphmau ready." Laurance says, running out my door and into the village. Katelyn and Aaron grab my clothes since I am still wearing my dress that is in pieces from chasing Garroth and I change in another room. Once I come back, Laurance is back with Lucinda.

"I need to come. If you run into someone there, you need me. Trust me." She says. I nod as we run into the forest beyond.

Garroth's POV
I am walking through this windy forest and see nothing but trees and grass. I keep passing the same lake as I have decided to just stay forward.

My dried tears cover my face as it was so hard to leave, though I do know I am not welcomed in Phoenix Drop. I stay forward and if I reach O'khasis, I'm going to stay there.

I stop by the lake once passing it 5 times already and take a drink and wash my face. I finish up and walk in a different direction. I think about what is going to happen if I reach O'khasis. I mean I left just after they destroyed Falconsclaw-- WAIT.

I just remembered something that I had forgotten in the past few months. Aaron. I knew he sounded familiar yet now he has Aphmau. It makes me mad but I feel sorry for his village and family. If I see them again, I'll tell him I remember.

I look ahead and see something interesting. A big opening in a circular shape. I decide to camp here for the rest of the day and throughout the night.

Back to Aphmau's POV
We are going by this dumb lake a million times. Aaron keeps trying to tell us to go another way and split up but I am definitely not doing that. We stop to take a sip of water. I lead against the hill when Laurance goes biserk.

"I-I-It-S" he stutters.

"Yeah?" Katelyn says standing up, finding what he is pointing at. She lets out a gasp and pecks Laurance's cheek.
"Great job, Laurie!" She says.

"What?" I ask again.

"It's one of Garroth's footprints. It leads in a faint trail too!" Laurance says.

"WWWWHHATT?? WE NEED TO GOT THEN!!" I get up and sprint where the faint markings are leading us. Lucinda rolls her eyes and catches her broom and flys side by side with me.
-------------------------------------------
I stop and pant and wait for the others behind me. Lucinda says she will continue forward to see if anything N bad is up ahead. Once everyone catches up, Lucinda speeds back with a grin on her face.

"You better come this way." She smiles with a smirk. I look and sprint after her and actually go faster than she does. I look about 100 blocks away to see an opening with none other than a sleeping Garroth. I missed you.

I run up in tears and hug him while Lucinda gets the others. He wakes up and see me looking shocked. I continue to hug him and roll his ring around my finger.

"Aphmau. What are you doing?" He says in a monotone voice.

"I *sniff* came to *sniff* get you." I continue to cry. "Garroth, I love you. Aaron kissed me and I thought it was you but I know now you are the only person I want" I say.

He looks into my teary eyes at my face as I stare into his red from tears face. I hand him his ring. If he takes it, we are back together. If not, it's over. His shaky hand grabs it and puts it on his finger, lightly laughing at it.

"I thought I threw it to the ground." He says.

"Yep but Dante got it for me. It is the only thing I had for those few days." I say.

We smile as he cups my face and pulls me into a kiss. I kiss back for what seems like forever until we break apart at the same time. "I love you too." He says with that beautiful smirk.

Just then, Aaron came behind us. We look at him in disgust but Garroth talks. "I remember what Zane did to your village." He mumbles.

"Yes. I know how to get back there from here." He says. "I want to get out of your hair. I will leave you all and rebuild my village. Who knows? Maybe someday we can be allies."

"Yes. Goodbye Aaron." I say.

"Goodbye you two. Again, I'm sorry." He says, walking into the distance. Finally after a moment everyone comes to hug Garroth and I as we kiss. We settle down and head back toward Phoenix Drop. Garroth and I hold hands as I stare into his face where he looks at my eyes. Life couldn't get any better than this.