Uno: Cinco Sentidos

Beware: Unedited. Grammar Nazis, back off! Jk. Lol.

* * *

Present

"Experiment 216: Starts now."

Lance jumped as the voice boomed and bounced around the room followed by a hard rock song which he heard have limited lyrics like mother fvcker, fvck this shit, and go to hell.

Not that he had the right to complain. Naked, bound, blindfolded and gagged, Lance doubted he could do as much as squirm or even complain for that matter so he might just as well remain silent and pray harder for this to end.

If it wasn't for his Uncle Reggie, he wouldn't this.

This hours of torture.

When Uncle Reggie had asked him to go to his university to become a subject for research, Lance first thought was why not. Besides he had nothing much to do anyway with his issues at work and was forced to take a leave. How hard being a research could be?

Yet when Lance found out the topic of this research was about Animal Attraction, he immediately refused. As much as Uncle Reggie explained that they wouldn't do anything he didn't like, or that it would be 100% safe, or that each one of us were going to be tested for any harmful diseases, or that we will be signing an informed consent where they could stop and be extracted from the study anytime they liked, Lance still said a firm, "No."

That was when Uncle Reggie...became, well, like Lance's father. After a few guilt sessions, series of threats, and a pinch of begging, Lance finally grudgingly said yes.

Immediately after that Lance was taken inside a house which he might add was sacrosanct. The two storey house was built in 1800s and was furnished with old vintage sofas and tables. Lance could even smell the senility of the house.

However, the appreciation he felt for the house was instantly crushed as soon as he was informed that there are hundreds of camera hidden in every corner of it. The fact that they were watching your every move, every uttered sentences, or even when he had the urge to pick his nose bugged the hell out of him.

Unfortunately, Uncle Reggie wasn't part of the research team. He was only their senior and consultant.

That old man, he thought. He left me with a house full of leeches.

Lance meant it literally, he was bled, tested, scraped and checked in every inch of his body. Even his balls wasn't spared.

When they never stopped poking him, Lance had already decided to scream. Just then they stopped and brought him to a giant bath tub where he was scrubbed carefully by masked people dressed in a head-to-toe white scrub suit with a logo on the right chest that said "UPC". Apparently, they were part of the team and explained to him what will happen in their study.

It was simple. All Lance had to do was go inside the house, meet other subjects and follow their instructions.

He fight the urge to yell at that person. How can that be simple, you bloody sucker!

But no he remained silent and let them took him in a room with floral royal blue wall papers, a king-sized four-poster bed with white drapes, a lamp, an aircon, a head-to-toe oval mirror, and a table. They pushed him to a table placed in a very far corner facing the bed.

They brought him papers with rules, his rights, and compensations.

His eyes bulged as he saw the compensation of a three hundred dollars. His Uncle didn't mention about the reward money. Not that it felt like a reward.