Dos: Kwatro Kwarto

A/N:

This is dedicated to the three persons who voted in this story. This is my heartfelt thanks.

-Burns

* * *

She was lost.

It was the moment she saw those questioning brown eyes that Madison Ames knew that she was in deep trouble.

Just the way it was two years ago.

She cleared her head and tried to dry her dampen palms but it only met an another damp skin. Maddison tried to fight her frustration with logic and anger. Wasn't a good combination, she knew, but it kept her sanity intact when all she could think of was the warm touch of his fingers against her flesh. Not to mention that she was still naked and burning.

She was ashamed to admit that all she could think about was taking his hand and place it on her.

She cursed inside her head and tried to straighten her thoughts. She stuttered, "I-I don't want this anymore."

That sounded weak, she groaned.

And from the look this man gave, he definitely knew it too. And he let her know that fact because he apparently smiled dangerously matched with a gleam in his eyes.

"Why?" He asked.

"Why?" She asked, confused. Didn't he understand? This is crazy! Maddison's heart agreed with her and started beating faster. She was starting to contemplate running faster away from this man. A very naked man with a mane of chest brown hair scattered about his chest and lower abdomen.

The man's brow furrowed in confusion. "I don't see any problem with this."

Maddie's stared at him in disbelief, her mouth agape.

"You signed up for this." He continued. "I mean you signed the contract and you know that this would happen. And-" He stopped and spared a tentative glance at her. "And I'm glad to see you again."

Damn if she had something to say about that.

He just confirmed that he was the guy she met two years ago. The guy who almost had sex with.

A laugh bubbled inside her. He asked what's funny. She longed to tell him to go to hell but all she could say was, "Destiny that is."

Before she could say anymore, the men-in-white, as she called them, came and enveloped her with a robe painted with roses. Odd but for a while, she forgot that he was naked.

She lifted her eyes and saw that the man was already wearing a robe. He looked at her. And something about his eyes wanted her to squirm and apologize. It was so intense she wondered why she didn't melt away.

When the Man-In-White told her to move, he asked for her name.

She didn't know why she hesitated. Maybe because she wanted them to remain strangers. Maybe because he shouted the question and she felt offended.

Or maybe because she felt fear inside her chest. Fear for what? That she didn't know.

Before she could think of another reason why she shouldn't say it, Maddie found herself saying her name softly against her lips.

From that moment, he stopped and look at her in satisfaction. His smile victoriously.

Realization struck her as she finally understood what her fear was.

She was afraid that she might be sinking into an endless hole.

* * *

The sound of a bell took the last remnants of Maddison's dream. Just as well for she was tired of seeing brown eyes in her dreams.