Kwatro: Segunda Amor

Madison was having a panic attack.

Her hand nestling on Lance's chest twitched as she realized that she was almost covering his body with hers. As if she was trying to crawl atop his lean firm body. Despite of the layers of their clothes, she could feel his heat. The kind of heat you felt when you were cuddling on a comfy couch in front of a hearth. The kind you felt when you were in a patio under a blue sky with a glass of wine on hand. Warm. Comforting.

Maddie slowly shifted, careful not to wake him. Not that her efforts would matter for he was snoring lightly and appeared to be in dreaming state of sleep. She watched his nose wrinkling when she touched it with her fingertips. She liked his nose the most. It gave his face the manly and dangerous disposition despite of his eyeglasses.

His face experienced little changes after two years. He looked just like the man that caught her eye in a room full of socialites and politicians. That was the reason she kept help but stare at him. He looked...out of place. She could picture him inside a classroom, holding a thin stick and lecturing his students how not to be naughty.

A picture of him lecturing her because she was naughty popped in her mind. Blushing, she shooed it away.

He moved, reaching for her hand before placing it on his chest where his heart thumped. His other hand held her tightly on the waist, pulling her closer to his side.

The image of Teacher Lance invaded her thoughts. Once again, she mentally pushed it away.

A strand of ginger brown hair curled on his forehead and her hand itched to touch it and drag it over his head. She couldn't, however, because her free hand was trapped in his grip on his chest and the other lay in between her body and his. Maddie studied his wrinkles instead. It was the kind that formed because of frequent smiling and frowning. This man must have a lot of things to stressed about but never forgets to appreciate the delights of life.

She wanted to kiss him.

The thought was so sudden and unfamiliar that she wanted to gasp in disgust. She resisted, however. She couldn't risk waking him up and see how red her face was because of thinking too much impurities that involves his body.

Maddie jumped when a voice emanated around the room informing them that dinner was all set and they would continue the next experiment the day after tomorrow. It was a dreary monday when she entered this house with a lot of shitty cameras. At that moment she felt as if she was going inside with a bunch of hyenas waiting to make her as their lunch.

She didn't know what she was feeling right now. Satiated? Excited? Terrified?

Confusion clouded Maddie's mind that she didn't notice a pair of smouldering oak-colored eyes were looking intently at her. Her whole body as if she was embracing herself from the attack.

He smiled, instead. The heart-stopping what-are-you-staring-at-babe smile.

Her heart beat frantically against her chest. It was the first time she saw him smile again after two years. Yet this time she was given a chance for a close up inspection.

She liked it.

"You liked what?"

"Your smile." She answered, without thinking.

He grinned then. Lance ridiculously looking pleased.

Maddie, on the other hand, was frowning and on the verge of another panic attack. Stupid. Moron. How could she voice that out loud?, she berated. She glared at Lance. This was all his fault. It was presence that made Maddie lose her composure and train of thought.