*Chapter Five*

Vote if you like it. It would only take you a second. Please comment:) I would really like reviews:)

*Chapter Five*

I used all my strength to resist, but it was futile. Suddenly, Rhia let out a scream, and I felt her let go of my wrist. The gate disappeared as Rhia fell through it. Confused, I looked at me wrist and almost fainted. I screamed and violently shook my hand. Rhia's severed hand fell to the ground with a thump. My heart was beating a mile per second. I let out a scream when I felt something touch my shoulder. I punched it on impulse.

“God, what the hell?”

I blinked when I saw Ray rubbing his cheek.

“W-What?”

“I should be the one saying 'what'. Why did you hit me?”

“S-Sorry, but why are you here,” my voice was barely above a whisper.

“Castina had a bad feeling about this. Too bad that the bridge that led here was broken so I had to find another way. I guess I was a bit late.”

“Z-Zach! W-Where did that gate lead to?!”

“Hell,” he replied curtly.

“W-What?”

“You heard me.”

I immediately stood up but fell abruptly due to my legs feeling like jellies. I heard Ray inhale sharply. He must have seen my wound.

“So it was your blood,” he mumbled.

“You have to save him!”

“You're in no condition to tell me what to do.”

“But - ”

“Lie down.”

I complied. I felt him lifting the bottom of my shirt. He gently touched the wound, and I gasped.

“This might hurt a bit,” he told me quietly.

Before I could protest, he dipped his head down. Pain stinged on my stomach when I felt him sucking my blood.

“What...are you doing?! S-Stop!”

He didn't answer but spat out the blood that he sucked. He did that for a minute and stopped. I was feeling extremely dizzy by the time he was done.

“I took out most of the poison; however, I couldn't suck all of them out as some of it has already spread over your body. For now, just sleep.”

I didn't need him too tell me twice. Darkness enveloped me within a second.

*

I blinked rapidly against the brightness. Judging my the sun right above me, it was already noon. I tried to sit up, but I felt a numb pain on my stomach.

“Up already?”

I turned my head to look at Ray.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

I can't believe Ray saved me. I would never have imagined that happening just two days ago. I looked at him through the corner of my eyes. His eyes were wide, and he looked at me in disbelief.

“W-What did you just say?”

“Oh, didn't hear? Too bad, I'm not going to say that again,” I smirked and tried to stand up. It hurts a bit, but it's not impossible to walk.

“H-Hey, d-don't stand up yet. You just healed.”

“Since when do you care about me,” I asked but not in a mean way.

“I-” he started, “never mind.”

Okay, what was he about to say?

“How am I supposed to go to Holsina now?”

“I know the way.”

“You do?”

“That's what I said.”

Fine, go back to the jerk you were, I though moodily.

For the rest of the two hours, I followed Ray. He just doesn't get that a human, moreover, a wounded human can't walk as fast as he can in this terrain. He kept on tapping his foot impatiently as I panted and gasped for breath.

“You,” I panted, “can walk slower.”

“I'm not used to walking at a human pace.”

“For god's sake, I can't keep up with you with this cut on my stomach.”

“I'll wait for you ahead,” he said and disappeared as a blur.

I groaned.

I doubled over panting. I gazed into the crystal-clear lake in front of me. Small fish chased each other around. From what I see, the lake doesn't seem to be deep; however, I knew better than to judge a lake's depth by just looking. I dipped my hand into the water and small ripples formed. It was a refreshingly cold temperature.

“Stand aside.”

“Are you serious? Why do you have to choose the place where I'm standing. There's so much space,” I gestured to the wide lake in front of me, “O-Oi!” I protested just as he shoved me aside with his superhuman strength.

He took out a small bright red ball that is attached to a string from his pocket. To my surprise, the red orb glowed a deep red and hovered above Ray's palm.

For a second, nothing happened, and then I gasped. The water right in front of me split into two huge wall of water, if that were even possible, to reveal sand underneath the lake. I was right not to judge the depth of the water. It was deep.

Ray grabbed my waist, and I let out a surprised yelp. He was carrying me. Without warning, he jumped down towards the bottom of the lake. In fear, I clutched his neck while trying not to think about how high we were. There a dull thump, and then he gently put me down.

“Warn me before you do something like that ever again!” I yelled angrily.

He sighed.

“It's faster this way.”

You know how the smoke comes out of people who are angry in cartoons, well, I would have been burning with rage if that were true.

I followed behind Ray who thankfully is walking at a normal pace. We stopped in front of a hovering door, not unlike the gate to Hell. I shivered at the image of that door. I would definitely save Zach no matter what. This gate has ancient-looking engravings on it, and for a second, I was mesmerized by the details in it.

He raised his hand to the gate, and the chains locking the door disappeared. The last thing I remembered was a bright, white, light engulfing us.