*Chapter Eight*

I know this is a bit late considering it's been a while, but I have to thank you NightFeather6 for becoming my first fan and of course for reading:)

Also, thanks everyone for reading, voting, commenting.

Vote for a my quick update?:)

*Chapter Eight*

“Honestly, why are you still here?”

“Melody is the one who is offering me to stay here. As far as I know, this is none of your business.”

“Would you mind to not stay here while I train?”

“No.”

I slammed the wooden stick to the place right above his head. A few leaves from the tree fluttered down from the force, but he just stared up at me from where he was sitting not bothered at all. He didn't move an inch. True, I wouldn't really slam the stick right through his skull, but it was indeed a tempting option. He simply refused to leave the place where I train by myself. I had switched plenty of places, but he would always follow me. So now we were in a clearing with a few trees surrounding us. Ray had sat on the base of one of the tree and simply stared at me while I trained by myself.

“What do you want?” I asked calmly.

“Nothing.”

“Suit yourself,” I mumbled before I went off to look for another place.

I had tried. I tried to train with him watching, but it was just not possible. It seemed like there was a constant pair of eyes that just bore into my back whenever I face away from him, and if I try to face him while training, it's even worse. It was beyond distracting.

I looked up at the sky blazing the sky. It was almost time for the actual training, and I barely trained by myself. Although the wounds were healed immediately after the training, the pain still lasts throughout the training.

I went to meet Ashling at the designated meeting place. Ace was already there. He said a quick hello and I went to stand in front of Ashling.

We sparred for an hour before she called me to stop.

“There is a griffin in this forest that has been causing troubles for the nearby runars in this area. I want you to find it and hunt it down.”

“I disagree to this mission,” Ace called out and walked towards us. “You are going to get her killed. She has absolutely no experience and her body is mortal. She can't even use her power or change to her real form for god's sake. There is no way she can take down the giant griffin.”

“She can have any weapon she wants.”

“That's still dangerous.”

“Ace, let her do it. She won't learn anything unless she actually fights in a real battle.”

I was surprised that Ray actually talked. He's only ever watched and never gave his opinion in anything while Ashling trained me.

“That's my sister you're talking about,” Ace almost snapped at him but kept his voice in a normal tone.

The surprising thing is, I have never heard any of them raise their voice or lose their emotion ever since I came here. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with they're not human or with the fact that they're just born like this.

“It's fine, Ace,” I assured him. “I'm sure there will be healers around,” Ace remained emotionless so I added, “right?”

“Actually,” Ace began, “that's why I'm worried. All of them have left with a small army of runars with Melody to catch the culprit of a kidnapping case.”