Chapter 9 Catching Up

//Erza POV//

"This better not be a joke, Natsu." Erza said sleepily as she, Lisanna, Levy, Grey, Juvia, and Gajeel follow Natsu and Wendy through a forest path.

"We aren't!" Wendy ensured the red hair. "We bumped into Lucy yesterday...she needed our help and promise to meet us in the morning."

"You guys really saw Lucy?" Lisanna asked as they walk. "I wonder how much she changed.

"Her hair is a bit longer...she was wearing all black. Black tank top..."Natsu said slowly.

"...Black pants...black boots...pretty much all that." Wendy shrugged.

"New colors...I wonder if it means she's changed." Erza said to herself.

"That's not all...she blasted me with some weird magic." Natsu said while rubbing his stomach. "It really hurts like hell."

"Ah, are you alright?" Lisanna asked as she hugs his arm. Natsu smiled and patted her arm.

"If it had hurt Natsu that bad...Lucy must have really become really powerful with this new magic she had learned." Erza told them. "...We know Lucy might be still herself...but we don't know what kind of magic she had learned and how it affects her in any way. Be on your guard."

"Okay." Everyone said as they approached a rundown barn. Erza insisted that she and Lisanna entered first. Wanting to see Lucy if she was alright due to the one reason why she left. They enter the barn slowly...and had not expected the scene in front of them.

On the bed...with the covers pulled over her...a man sleeping beside her...It was Lucy that was on the bed. But she wasn't alone on the bed. A man with black hair was sleeping beside Lucy, holding her by the waist with his arms. Feeling protective for Lucy...she slowly walks towards the two and grabs Lucy's arm and shakes her awake.

"Mm..." Lucy slowly wakes up and her brown eyes flies towards to see Erza. She sits up with a fright. "ERZA?!"

"Yes. It's me." Erza said with no tone in her voice.

"...Hi, Lucy." Lisanna smiled steeply.

"Lisanna?! W-What are you doing here?!" Lucy whispered as she looks down at the boy sleeping beside her. Erza raised an eyebrow to see Lucy's face turn a bit red and tucks the blanket on him. She noticed a worried face on Lucy's face as she looked at the boy. She stands up and looks towards the ground with shame.

"Lucy...you have been gone for a year. You never tell us anything...you only tell us hello...goodbye...'can't talk because I'm training'..." Erza tells her with an angry tone but her worry and happiness got the better of her as she quickly hugs the blonde. "We missed you so much, Lucy."

"Erza...?" Lucy said before Lisanna hugs her as well while Erza wouldn't let go.

"We were all so worried about you, Lucy. We wanted to see you. All of us wanted to see you." Lisanna said with a smile.

//Lucy POV//

I won't cry...I won't cry...Oh, God. I'm crying...Lucy starts to cry as she is being hugged by Erza and Lisanna. She cries on Erza shoulder and Erza letting her as she pats her back. Erza had somehow become Lucy's older sister right now. Fairy Tail was still Lucy's family and she abandoned it for a year. Yet, the two people she thought would be angry with her were giving her hugs. Glad to see her.

"I'm sorry..." Lucy cries out in tears. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Lucy. We forgive you for making us worry." Lisanna tells her as she pulls away and smiles. "We're glad you're okay."