Chapter 64 Family; GMG 2

//Lucifer POV//

---5 Months Later, At Heartfilia Mansion---

"WAAHHH!" Lucifer groans as he hears Layla crying in the room next door...slowly sitting from the bed as Lucy stirs as well. But she didn't wake up, it was the middle of the night and Layla has woken up. Must be because she was hungry, wanting her bottle of milk or needed a clean diaper. He silently yawns as he gets out of the bed and walks out of their room to go to Layla's bedroom.

"...?" Lucifer rubbed his eyes as he walks in to see Ne was standing by Layla's crib and holding her in her arms with a bottle of milk...feeding her.

"P-Papa?!" Ne was surprised to see her step-father awake, probably thinking they were awake.

"Ne...it's late, what are you doing up so late?" Lucifer asked.

"Layla woke Ne up...Ne is feeding Layla." Ne replied as Lucifer walks up to her and rubs her head proudly.

"I'm glad that you are being a good big sister." Lucifer smiled proudly.

"Hai...Papa..." she said.

"Hm?" Lucifer replied.

"Is Ne bad?"

"What do you mean?" Lucifer asked confused.

"Bad Man said Ne is a monster...people called Ne monster..." Ne said slowly as Layla finished her bottle of milk and hands the baby to Lucifer. Who holds Layla on his chest and pats her back over and over again to make her burp and get her to sleep.

"You are not a monster, Ne...I assure you." Lucifer spoke gently to his adopted daughter. "They never met the sweet girl you are."

"Did Papa think Ne was a monster?" Ne asked.

"...Deep inside...when I met you...It never crossed my mind. You were simply a little girl lost and afraid of others. When I saw you, Ne...it reminded me of someone...and of me." Lucifer told her.

"Ne reminded Papa of Papa?" Ne asked.

"Yes...people didn't like me either, Ne. They hated me as well...but then I met Lucy that everything changed." Lucifer said as he noticed Layla was asleep again...so he slowly and silently placed Layla back in her crib and sat down on the floor and Ne followed.

"Mama helped Papa?" Ne asked.

"Yes...Mama helped me...do you want to know how we met?" Lucifer asked.

"M-hm." Ne nodded yes.

"I was sitting by a river...and under a cliff...that was when I heard a scream and look up to see Lucy falling...I saved her life and when I saw her. I thought...'she is pretty'." Lucifer smiled as he remembers back then of the job she came to do and how he appeared just in time to save her...like it was fate.

"What happen then?" Ne asked a bit loud and eager.

"Quiet down..." Lucifer silently chuckled. "...I met a friend as well who treated Lucy's wounds. I helped Lucy finish her job she came to do and after that...I was her teacher and she was my student to learn my magic...Shadow Magic, which you have seen before."

"Papa's magic is like mine." Ne said.

"Right...anyway...we spent a year together...I taught her Shadow magic...we had troubles too...bad people. But-" Lucifer was about to speak but then another voice interrupted him.

"But you weren't alone to face it, Lu." He looks at the door to see Lucy using a blanket to cover herself from the cold.

"What are you doing up?" Lucifer asked.