The Coffee Coloured Wolf On The Ground

The white room was blinding and the setup for the beds reminded me of when Damian had made that sacrifice. Lucian was resting peacefully on the white bed, his eyes closed. His left eye was pale but his right was dark purple, very close to black. I was horrified when I see his face, his lip swollen and his cheek cut with something sharp. There were stitches now, but the dried blood was evidence that the old man had cut him. I reach up to touch my cut. It was in the exact same spot. His left cheek. Mine wasn't as deep but it was still stinging. I couldn't imagine the pain he had to be in while he was in that fight with him. He wasn't awake yet and the IV tubes were connected to him. I didn't understand why he needed them. It didn't look like anything too serious.

A nurse walks in and smiles at me briefly before attending to Lucian. "Luna." She greeted me as she passed by, her white coat swishing around the bed. She pulled down the covers and then I saw it. There was a bullet hole beneath his chest. It was supposed to be stitched up. The nurse looks at me.

"You can't stay for the surgery but you can wait outside. We'll notify you for results." She says, pulling out some medical items and placing them on a tray. I nod and thank her for attending him, my heat sinking. "Make sure you take good care of him."

After our short conversation, I decide to take a quick visit to Caleb who was in similar conditions. He wasn't hooked up to an IV, but he was just as injured on his face. He was bruised and swollen and I felt a stinging feeling in my heart as I looked at his sleeping face. I was so responsible for his injuries and I didn't know what to do. I should've just went in myself without risking their lives. I step out of the room and started pacing between the two rooms nervously. This was all my fault. After a couple runs down the hallway back and forth, I decided to sit down and reconsider what I've done. How was I gonna make it up to them? I could feel my mind speeding up and my head started aching. I rubbed my temple hoping the ache would go away by the time Lucian has completed his surgery.

I was waiting for quite a while for either of them to wake up. It's been three hours according to my phone and the hospitals were strangely empty. All was still in this building. I was just about to doze off when Ryder came rustling through the hall wearing a mask that showed no emotion. From his tense jaw and dark eyes, I could tell something was wrong. He enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug. It wasn't a lovably hug. It was cold and fear seeped in. I look up at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, my heart starting to speed up. There was something very wrong.
"They're here." He looked terribly frustrated and stressed.

"Who?"

"The SkyLiners Pack."

I could feel the blood drain from my face. I gripped the chair handle and took a deep breath, memories of the old man haunting my thoughts. I shuddered and forced a smile for Ryder. He leaned in close and placed his forehead on mine.

"Don't worry." He breathed, staring into my eyes with comfort. "We won't let anything happen to you. We won't let anyone touch you. Just stay here with Caleb and Lucian. I'll bring Alex and Gray to accompany you to make sure our beautiful Luna is protected."

I sniffle and pull him in for another hug.

"Please be careful." I sob into his shirt. I could hear his even heartbeat and that just triggered the tears again. "I don't want to lose you."

He pats me lightly on the back.

"I won't die." He reassured me. "I'll just remember you and this promise."