Alpha To Alpha

Klein's bright eyes still haunted my thoughts and I wanted to sleep forever, escape this world and not be able to harm anybody ever again. Now Ryder was at risk because the other Alpha demanded a fight.

For me.

I tailed behind Gray, occasionally checking behind us for any stray followers that were planning to ambush us. I gave up doing that after almost tripping over a stone and Gray had to catch me before I fell face flat on the dirt. I blushed at my clumsiness.

"Be careful now, alright?" He says coolly. "I've got enough on my hands already."

"Actually you don't have anything in your hand right now." I retort. I'm not entirely sure why I did that especially when he's been so nice to me. He raises his eyebrows and starts walking again, ignoring my slow steps. He was walking too fast and I couldn't catch up. I huff and break into a jog to catch up to his fast walking pace. Why did his legs have to be so long? I huff in frustration, running out of breath. He sighed and slowed down much to my pleasure.

"Thanks and I'm sorry for that rude remark earlier." I apologize when he stares at me.

"That's okay, I just wasn't sure what you intended and I'm feeling very stressed out right now." Gray nodded and his forehead creased as he thought about Klein again. It hurt a lot but we had to move on. We couldn't be stuck on one place forgetting about the others. I give him a sad smile and we continue our trip to where Ryder was fighting.

I felt my heart drop when we stepped out into the clearing. There was a mass of people cheering and whooping at a ring in the centre where I could easily spot Ryder, sweat dripping down his neck and a concentrated and determined look in his eyes. If I just go with the other Alpha and then escape later, that could save Ryder's life. I bite my already broken nails and make up my mind. It would be dangerous but worth it. I glanced at Gray but he didn't notice. He was watching the fight. I won't tell him, he would stop me otherwise. I start heading towards the ring so they could hear me when I announced my decision. The men cheering were scary and tall. They towered over me as I moved past them to the edge of the ring. I grip onto the bar and loudly yell my name. The fight stops and they both turn to look at me. Ryder with alarm in his usually composed eyes and the other Alpha with lust in his deep green eyes. I shudder when my eyes make contact with his.

"I'm Rosella, Ryder's mate." I announce loudly. The men all turn to look at me. I could see Gray behind them, horrified and very angry. I flicker my eyes away and continue my proposal in the ring where I landed gracefully on the sand. Ryder was watching me with wide eyes and he shook his head. "No, Rosella. Go back, I'll be fine." He grimaced when I wouldn't budge. I turn away from him before I could regret this decision.

"I have a proposal for your Alpha." I demand. "I will go back with you if you stop this fight with my mate." I crossed my fingers and tucked my hands in my jean pockets, nervously. I turn to the Alpha who was staring at me intensely. I felt slightly uncomfortable under his gaze and shift onto my other foot.

"Fine." He agreed simply. Ryder cut in between us, his eyes filled with fury and loss.

"You can't." He insisted, his voice firm. "She's mine, and mine alone."

He pulled me into a hug and whispered into my ear. "Princess, I love you. Don't leave with him. Please."

I shake my head. "I know but I have to do this. I'll explain later."

He wouldn't let me go and I struggle out of his grasp. He watches me with sad eyes as I stand next to the Alpha. He was hurt and I could literally hear his heart cracking. I could definitely feel it because I was his mate. His pain made me wince but I had to keep this act up if I wanted him to live. The green-eyed Alpha smirked mischievously when I approached him. I force a smile.

"The name's Ethan." He introduces himself, leaning in before I could respond. He aimed for my lips but I ducked and he ended up kissing my cheek. I blush bright red and push him as hard as I could. He didn't even move one bit. I sigh and glare at him, crossing my arms.

"What was that for?" He asked, pouting a bit. He jutted out his bottom lip and I laughed a little.
"Don't get your hopes up." I smirk. "I barely know you! I'm not gonna kiss you!"

He sighs and guides me away, towards an expensive looking jeep. Before I hop in, I give Ryder one last smile. A grim expression lay on his lips and he pressed it into a tight line. His eyes had lost that confident flair in them and he looked completely broken. I felt my heart break when I see him like this and I closed the door before I could start crying like a baby sent to kindergarten and leaving my mother. I change my expression when Ethan enters from the driver's seat. He grins at me.

"So why did you demand to pick me?"

I couldn't tell him anything.

"Was it because of my good looks?" He winks and starts the engine. "When you saw me from across the field, I was too good-looking for you?"

I gap at him with my mouth open. He did have a nice face but honestly I needed to make something up, otherwise it wouldn't be believable.

"Ryder was cheating on me behind my back and I couldn't stand him." *cringe* "I needed to get away from him." *cringe*

I couldn't keep a straight face while saying that so I kept staring out the window while he was concentrated on the road ahead. It hurt too much. He didn't notice.

"Well, I'm going to take good care of you, kitten." He smiles at me and I almost — Just almost fell for his charms but I resisted and looked away. It was such a genuine smile and I had trouble concentrating after that. I couldn't deny it. He was an attractive guy but he was cocky to say the least. Ethan was an arrogant and overly confident type of guy. If he went to our school, he would be getting all the ladies for sure. I could imagine it. I suddenly remember school but I dismiss it quickly. It wasn't as if anyone would miss me.

The car ride was silent, except for the soft classical music playing in the background. Ethan had started humming to one I didn't know and I quickly shut him up. Let's just say his voice wasn't a very pleasant sound to the ears.

"How old are you kitten?" He mumbled, keeping his eyes on the road which I was thankful for.

"18... I say, uncertain why he asked that. He chuckled softly but I heard him. "Why. How old are you?"

He glanced at me through the rear view mirror and tried to keep in all his laughter trying to get out.

"19, turning 20 this month."

I sigh.

"Why did you have to pick me, out of all people? I'm sure there are older Luna's around here." I try convincing him to bring me back. He shakes his head and his eyes flicker to mine.

"No, I like you kitty cat." He murmured, making a left turn. "I'm glad I picked you."

I feel my heart sink for the millionth time today. I couldn't get back to Ryder without hurting Ethan in some way. I'll have to wait for the perfect moment to strike I guess. I slowly doze off in his expensive leather car seat and lean my head against the head rest. It was comfy and I snoozed off, having myself a long day and a long night ahead. In fact, I would have a long couple weeks ahead of me if I was to find a good way to escape. I needed rest if I was to fake smile and pretend to love him for an entire couple of weeks. I sigh when he places a blanket over me and I think I unintentionally smiled.

Oops.

❤️ Authors Note ❤️

Hey guys, I'm coming down with a bad case of writers block and I hope you can bear with me if updates are slower. I haven't been able to think about what's coming next and how to continue the story but I need some time to think. Thanks for your never ending support.

P.S. Almost 500 views! Thank you!!

Sophia XOXO