A Wedding To Remember

The dress Fern picked was unreal. I've never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life. It is a strapless beauty with a shape-fitting waistline, embedded with white jewels of all kinds. Then the rest of the dress cascades down to the floor in a silver waterfall. I spent almost three full minutes examining the dress and decided that Fern would forever be my wardrobe picker.

I am turning 20 in two weeks and I will be spending my birthday with Ryder in the beautiful Bahamas for our honeymoon. It's the perfect place to visit.

A makeup professional just stepped in to do my makeup which I agreed to. I couldn't do makeup to save my life. She works away on my face, transforming me into something more beautiful, more vibrant. She makes sure my eyes are noticeable.

I feel my mind start to wander.

Being with the love of my life is more than just a commitment. It's a promise to him and promise that I will help bring this pack together. And I am ready for that promise.

"Is she ready? She's got 4 minutes to get out there." Someone rushes in and informs me. I allow the makeup professional dab some more powder on me and she smiles at me.

"You are the most beautiful bride." She tells me kindheartedly. "Go have fun out there."

I nod nervously and thank her. She leaves the room and I am left alone behind the curtain that will reveal me to the world.

A busty assistant comes up to me and instructs me when to start walking down the aisle. The music starts playing and my heart beat starts to get faster. So much faster. I feel like it could spread wings and fly away.

She whispers "Your bridesmaid has already left. It's your turn now. Go," and I step out, the bright light blinding me for just a second. Then the crowd watching with proud eyes, some even teary. They were all surprised at the beauty of my dress and the perfection of the makeup. I was merely a girl hiding underneath.

When I catch sight of Ryder down the aisle, I couldn't help but feel my heart flutter in my chest. He is as gorgeous as ever, maybe even more than usual if that's even possible. He is dressed in a sharp tux that matches my dress. Pure white, like the snow. I couldn't wait to be in his arms, I couldn't wait to say the words "I do" and forever make a promise to him.

When I do whisper I do, the world explodes with cheering and whistling.

"You may kiss the bride."

And at that moment, nothing else mattered. Not in the slightest bit because we were officially as one.

And we both made a promise that we would never break. Ryder pulls away from the kiss, his eyes shining. The crowd has gone quiet.

"I love you princess." He says in the dead silence.

"I love you too." I reply.

Author's Note ❤️

What a journey it has been, writing for the coolest readers out there. I'm still in shock that my story made it to 1k views, something that makes me feel like my writing has actual value to it.

If you were here with me from the very beginning, you will know that I have stopped writing for a long period of time. It was hard for me to write with a bad case of writers block and many things going on in my life.

The readers that sticked with me when I was finally ready to come back are my personal heroes. Thank you so much.

I want to conclude this story in thanks to all the support throughout the writing. There will not be a sequel but I have posted another story of mine called 'One Flight Behind.'

Check it out sometime! *wink* *wink*

Thanks again!

-Sophia // SecondsTooLate
Signing out.

03/20/16