(28) I'm Coming Home

•A/N Right now I am in NYC. I'm at a relatives' house so I decided to update. Please enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Katherine's Point of View

Kai and I were laying down in each other's arms watching It's a Wonderful Life. Well, more like I was watching it, Kai was trying to keep his eyes open. Kai moved his head to face me.

"How would you like to go get dinner?"

I smiled. "I'd love to." I pecked his lips.

It was around 5:30 now, and it was getting dark out. I pushed myself up and swung my legs over the side of the bed.

I walked to the living room and grabbed my jacket. I slipped on my combat boots and walked to the bathroom.

I fixed my hair into a high ponytail and reapplied my lipstick with the stick I kept in my pocket. You just never know.

I checked my phone to see if I had any new notifications. My screen was clear. I stuffed it back into my back pocket as Kai walked into the living room.

"Ready?" I nodded. Kai took my hand and led me down to the lobby. He waved at the desk manager as we passed by.

The streets were lined with people rushing around with shopping bags. We walked in silence and I admired the buildings.

We passed Rockefeller Center. The Christmas tree gleamed with glorious light.

Finally, we reached a restaurant. Kai pushed the door open and I stepped  inside. It wasn't a super classy restaurant, but it was nice enough.

Kai nodded at the front assistant and continued to walk. He dragged me through the restaurant until we reached a secluded table in the corner.

Kai pulled out a chair and motioned for me to sit. I sat down and he pushed me in. He took the seat across from me.

A waiter came by and set down many appetizers and drinks. They immediately left after.

"You just had this all planned out now didn't you?" I said conspicuously.

"Of course. Only the best for my love." Kai kissed my hand. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you always this cheesy on dates?" I asked.

"No, not all the time. Well, I would think so. It's been a long time since I've been on a date," Kai replied.

"Ah, so you haven't had a girlfriend in a while," I continued.

"Pretty much, and if I did have a girlfriend, we didn't use our times together to go on dates."

"Oh I did not need to know that." Kai laughed. I joined in.

"So what would you consider me then? A girlfriend or just a one time thing?" I asked getting serious.

Kai shrugged. "I'm not sure yet." I sighed and looked at him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Kai questioned.

"No reason." I grabbed a grape from an appetizer tray and plopped it in my mouth.

Kai raised his eyebrows, but didn't say anything. The waiter came back and set a plate in front of Kai and I.

The plate had steak as its main course. It had garlic mashed potatoes and steamed spinach as its sides.

"Delicious," Kai said as he licked his lips. He grabbed his steak knife and fork and began to cut his steak.

I settled for eating my sides first. I dug my fork into the spinach and stuck it in my mouth.