Epilogue

•Third Person Point of View•

The three fates stood in front of their loom, watching as the threads of meeting began to twist and intertwine, forming stitches.

The fates were focused on three particular threads. They moved closer and closer as the fates watched. They were almost touching.

"We should stop this. Why not give her a chance?" Clotho demanded. She raised the scissors in her hand.

"Katherine had more than enough chances to change her fate. I'm afraid we have no choice," Lachesis responded.

The fates stepped closer and watched as the three strands twisted around each other. Two glowed violently, the other one dulled as the seconds passed.

The two threads stopped pulsing with power. They settled into a fluorescent glow. The third one, on the other hand, began to limp.

Here it goes, Lachesis thought.

Lachesis and Atropos gripped the limp thread and pulled it in opposite directions, making it as tight as possible.

Clotho edged closer with the scissors. The two watched as she set them down gently.

Clotho grabbed one of the glowing stands. Together, the three fates chanted in Latin, breaking their most sacred vow.

And as they chanted, the two threads of meeting grew closer, and twisted tightly together.

Morpheus and Katherine, bonded together, as one drifted into slumber.

If only the gods knew that they were going stay intertwined for a very long time...

                    •End of Book One•