Chapter 4 (END)

My consciousness slowly fading until I hear a deep hearty laughter, feel a surprisingly gentle kiss on my left eyelid, and the shadow of my grandfather receding. With his receding comes oxygen, which I gulp in so quickly my head becomes light.
       "You never fail to please me child." A deep, clear voice chuckles.
        I look up to see my grandfather giving me a shadowed smile, and while there may have been genuine amusement it in, it was the amusement of an immortal, a blade that makes others bleed.
Taking in one more deep shuddering breath, I shakily get to my feet and stand straight, looking him in the eye, my grandfather may be the Demon Lord, a being that expects complete obedience...but he has always been a warrior first, one that respects back-bone, respects strength.
         Burai's smile depends as he stares at me in quiet approval.
       "To answer your question child, I simply found myself with nothing that called upon my immediate attention, when I felt a shift in my mind. It seems our family has grown...but you already know that, didn't you, child." The last word said as a taunt, a reminder of what I'll always be to this deadly creature.
         "Indeed it has." I answer smoothly, knowing I can keep nothing from my grandfather even if I wanted too. "We now have three additions connected by blood, and three more blood linked to them, making six in total."
          "Oh?" Grandfather's eyebrow rises. "And who is their link?"
           I lower my eyes once more. 'Why me?' I mutter mentally. "It's Cordelia, Grandfather. She seems to have bred with the vampire that took her in."
            Burai's eyes widen in a show of a rare emotion, his pupal expands, swallowing his entire eye. His voice, when it comes, is so filled with the multilayered voices, my blood started freezing in my veins, my body screaming at me in agony. "If I find out you are lying to me my child. I will tie you to a chair and flay your skin off your bones."
          My laugh was much lighter then I was feeling, "Yeah, that was my reaction to. But it appears to be true, sire," I keep my voice respectful.
            "I would prefer to make my own conclusion," Burai says, daring me to challenge it.
             And, of course, I do. "I beg you to hold your patients, sire," I say as I drop to knee in a bow.                        "They will not be able to handle your magnificence, they know not the power of a demon."
             Burai's brow furrows. "They carry my blood within them...They can't be that weak."
           "Their royal blood has been muted by the vampire blood that runs inside them, as of now, they have no demonic abilities or qualities, you can't even sense their demonic blood in them. They're wholly vampire."
             "I see." Burai rumbles, his wings snapping out in a stunning display, before folding them sleek against his spine. "I would still like to see the new additions to the BloodsWorth clan."
             "I'll see if I can set up a video-com for you to speak through," I say, rising from my bow. "Though I feel I must warn you, they're not...the most respectful young men."
            "But of course," Burai said as though it were obvious, "My most troublesome child was their mother." He chuckles.
              My chest goes cold.
           "A-Another thing, sire," I stutter hesitantly. "I'm afraid the first princess, Cordelia Bloodsworth, is no longer breathing." I bow my head with my hands clenched together in front of me in a submissive manner, my wings spread half way.
            The air stood still for a few threatening seconds...when a gentle breeze played with my hair like a lover's caress.
             My grandfather's deep voice went rarely soft. "I know child, I know," He drawled. Peeking up, I notice his eyes had gone distant, looking at the sky that had begun to show signs of dusk.
           "You do," I murmur, not as a question, but as a statement.
            He sighs and comes to sit on the roof next to me, his majestic wings brushing against mine with a surprisingly gentle weight. "A father...a parent always knows when their child is no longer in the world. It's the coldest weight in your chest."
             One tear falls from my eye, one tear Burai will forever refuse to shed. For in the demon world, emotion means weakness, and the Demon King can't afford to be seen as weak.
My tear lands on the curve of his wing, causing him to look up at me.
           "Don't cry, my child." He rumbles, reaching up to brush away the tear's trail with the pad of his thumb.
              I smile wetly, "I have to, grandfather, cause you never will."
              He shakes his head with a genuine smile on his lips. "You are a Bloodsworth, never must you show weakness." He cups my cheek.
               I smile gently and place my hand over his, leaning into his embrace. "Then I better start growing up, huh?"
              "No," He says surprisingly firm, still smiling, "Stay young forever child, you mustn't grow up too fast."
              My smile widening, I bow and kiss the tip of his wing in respect. "As the sire commands."
             He picks up my hand and kisses my knuckles, eternity not yet stealing the pride that makes him treat the women in his family, (and in general) with care.
              His hair turns from copper to gray as it turns to smoke, blowing away in a non-existent wind, his "clothes" doing the same, taking his body with it...He is returning to his throne, his kingdom.
               The top half of his face now gone, he leans forward to kiss my eyelid before whispering, "Return home soon child."
              With that last murmur, he turns to smoke completely and is carried away on invisible wind drafts.
               After a few moments of catching my breath, I lean reach behind me to grab an unconscious Ilithios, (Whom I had threw behind a column when Burai first arrived.) and carried him against my chest, putting a small smile on my face as I rise to my feet and start walking along the edge of the roof to wing my way down to the balcony.
               I land soundlessly and nimbly on the railing before folding my wings away and walking through the doors...
               To immediately bump into all six brother on the floor, panting as thought they had just run a marathon. Their faces were pale, even for vampires, and sweat was literally dripping from their foreheads.
                 I smile maliciously as I crouch down next to Subaru, who was closest to the baloney door. "My, it seems you all survived a close encounter with "that" without your heads flying off," I reach down and run my fingers through Subaru's hair, all of my dear cousins still gasping, trying to force air into their lungs...Subaru's hair was much softer then it appeared, almost like a cat's. "Well done," I praise them.
               "What...was...Th-that?" Ayato gasped, trying to get into a sitting position, failing, and returning to his original position of the floor.
              "Don't try moving until after you catch your breath." I advise, before sitting completely, leaning against the wall. "That was Burai Bloodsworth, lord and master of the Demon Realm, The Dragons Incarnate, The creator of nightmares, and our Grandfather."
                I giggle as I rest my hands behind my head. "Sooo, is there still any question as to the subject of whether your father is stronger?"
                I get a sea of negative head shakes, and I notice someone missing, "Hey, is your little human pet still alive?"
                I spot Ayato visible tense as his eyes widen and he struggles to get up once more with pathetic results.
                I sigh as I stand to go over to him, bending over to gently press my fingers to his forehead. "Stay down until you've recovered, you fool. I'll go check on your mortal pet."
                I weave my way through the corridors until I see Yui's door. I nock twice, and upon hearing no answer, I walk in to see Yui's bed empty. My brow furrows as I place a hand on her bed...it's still warm, so she was here.
                That's when I notice a secondary door with a light glowing underneath it.
               The Bathroom door, I realize.
               Again, I go up to the door and nock twice and call her name loud enough for her to be able to hear. "Yui? Are you in there little pet?"
               My response is a pained moan. I try the door only to find it locked.
            "Sweety? I'm coming in, are you near the door?"
              When I get a vocal negative, I use what minimal strength I have to kick the door with enough force to make it break off its hinges and slam against the opposite wall, causing a whimper from the human laying in a bath possibly full of more blood than water.
            "Oh honey," I coo as I notice the blood coming from a gash on the back of her head. Her eyes, while conscious to have seen me, were slowly turning dim.
              I quickly think of my cousins.
         ...No matter how much they may deny it, her death would sadden them.
I glance around the shower/bath area and quickly spot a razor. I grab it quickly, causing a whimper from the human slowly fading away in front of me.
             "Shhhh, honey, I'm going to help you." I whisper softly as I slice my wrist and press it to her lips firmly. "Drink," I order.
             Like a good little human, she obeys immediately, pulling in three good mouthfuls before my wound seals up.
           "Good girl," I coo as I wipe my wrist on a nearby towel, then gently lift her head to inspect the gash-
            ...Good, it's starting to close.
**Despite popular belief, Demonic blood isn't poisonous. It actually has many fast acting healing properties in it.**
                 I then open the bath drain and turn the shower head on warm, washing the blood away and gently cleaning her up with a dark blue washrag. Once her front is clean of blood, I help her lean her front against mine and start washing her hair and back. She can get anything lower later.
               "Why are you helping me?" she whimpers softly.
                I smile gently. "Because you're a peculiar human, I've taken a liking to you...besides, no woman should have to sit in a pool of blood for longer than necessary." I chuckle, washing the last bits of blood from her hair. "Also, I don't want to listen to my dear cousins complain because their human pet was killed."
              Then, with one arm still keeping her steady against me, I reach up and grab a plush white towel and drape it around her before picking her up bridal style, (Causing her to blush as pink as her bed spread.) and lay her down on her bed, pulling the covers over her still damp body in an effort to keep her warm.
             'Humans are so fragile,' I think solemnly. I was able to lift Yui easily, maybe too easily. Her bones so fine under my hands, I could've shattered them with minimal effort. She'd be so easy to kill.
Scowling at my train of thought, I head towards the door, thinking I'd go see if my cousins are up yet.
             "W-wait." A mumble comes from behind me.
Pausing, I turn and look at Yui, giving her silent permission to speak.
             "What was that?" she asked cautiously, fear and exhaustion a bright thing in her eyes.
               I give a half smile, "That was my grandfather." And I walk out without another word.
* * *
Time Skip
* * *
               "You guys haven't moved much, I see." I mutter as I round the corner to see them in bent over sitting positions.
              "Shut up," Subaru scowls, clearly not happy with the fact he can barely move. "How are you so okay?"
               "Now see here," I grumble as I snatch Laito's hat again and sit next to him. "I'm a pure blooded demon. You may be my cousins, but don't insult me by comparing me to you vampires."
                  There was a stretch of silence for a few minutes before Ayato said, "Is Yui okay?"
                  I look at him and sigh when I see a slight fear in his eyes. "She's okay now, I've managed to stabilize her. But she'll need to rest for a solid week with no one feeding from her."
                "Why, is our little bitch alright?" Laito said in a way that would lead many to believe he didn't care...if you didn't look in his eyes.
               "What happened to Ms. Yui?" Kanato asked, hugging Ilithios to him as a substitute Teddy, seeing as Teddy was currently out of reach, and Daddy was god knows where.
                "She must've been getting out of the tub when Burai arrived." I explain, "Causing her to slip and bash her head against the back of the tub. She had a pretty impressive gash when I arrived." I mused.
              "But she's okay now?" Ayato pressed.
              "Hmm, but like I said, if you want her to remain alive, don't feed from her for the next week. I wouldn't even allow her to go to school." I suggest as I feel Laito slump against me in another futile effort to get to his feet.
             "Damn it," He curses under his breath.
               I laugh softly, "Don't worry, your bodies should recover from shock in a few more minutes."
               I get a grumble of "Thank god's" as a response, causing me to grin.
* * *
Time Skip
* * *
            A few months after my grandfather visited, nine things happened:
1) I was able to get the brothers to agree to a video-com and got their verbal permission they would          "Try" to behave.
2) The triplets were signed up for training for their demon side (the actually seemed pretty excited               about that.)
3) I found out the truth about Yui and heard her story about how she came to be here and what                    happened with my aunt.
4) I successfully reviewed the memories of Cordelia from both Ayato and Kanato.
5) I showed my memories of Cordelia's "nice side" to all three of the triplets. (Yes, it seems they                   wanted to know who their mother was.)
6) I switched Ilithios from the stuffed bunny to a great horned owl, he's very much enjoying his new            wings.
7) I changed Ilithios's name to Ouranos (Which means Sky in Greek.)
8) I went back to the demon world for a few days to replenish my power and be with my household            family.
9) And finally, Laito tried raping me for more blood he seemed to have taken a liking to. He is                        currently nursing a fine pair of deep claw gashes on his back.

           "Stupid Laito." I grumble as I sat on the roof of my new home.
             Yes, I barrowed my mother's ability to manipulate plants and made myself a cozy home in the trees, it looked like one those treehouses from that show; treehouse masters.
              It was stationed next to the Sakamaki Mansion after both Kanato and Yui 'insisted' I stay near, and I got Reiji's permission to use the woods outback.
             "How dare he try to force himself on me." I growl as I swing my legs back and forth.
             Ouranos was currently perched on my shoulder, giggling at the predicament that had just happened. "I can honestly say, I wasn't expecting that."
            "Well I'm glad I could provide amusement to you." I grumble sulkingly. Causing Ouranos to give a hearty laughter before nuzzling his head against my hair.
                I sigh and reach up to stoke his head, starting to grin just a bit. "I wonder how much shit he's getting from his brothers." I wonder out loud, the idea making me grin.
              Over the last couple of months, all of them had begun to open up to me. I had even somehow managed to get myself in a position where I could get along with both Shu and Reiji without Reiji getting pissy whenever I talk to Shu. And I was also able to talk Subaru into trying Parquor. So whenever he gets upset, instead of breaking things, he just goes running for a few hours.
                I smile when I think of Subaru doing flips and jumps...if you combine his growing Parquor abilities with his strength, that kid's gonna be a tank when he gets older.
              "Seeing how protective all of them have gotten of you these past months, I'd say they're probably giving Laito a lot of shit right about now." Ouranos snickers as he thinks of what happened to me only a few hours ago.
               "Will you stop laughing Ouranos? It wasn't that funny." I growl,
              "It kinda was.' He counters. "But back to the other five, what are you going to do about them still seeing you as weaker?"
                I sigh and look up at the sky. It was a full moon this night, the sky only being illuminated by thousands of twinkling stars.
              "There's probably nothing I can do. I'm their older cousin. But I'm also the only female family member that has accepted them as themselves and has actually tried to get to know them. I have their respect and familial loyalty and love...well, except Laito, but they may ever see me as fragile." I say with a small smile.
               "They are so troublesome, all of them," I giggle, as I start kicking my legs back and forth again.
               "But you're no longer lonely right?" Ouranos says, stretching his wings.
               I freeze, "Whomever said anything about me being lonely?"
                "Seriously? I've been by your side since you were three with wings far too big for your body." Ouranos grumbles in that crude way of his. "You've been lonely for a long time, but you've just recently have been getting the light back in your eyes. You're not lonely, you're not empty anymore."
               I look up at the sky once more, kicking my legs back and forth as I review my life up till now.
              A slow smile stretches its way across my face. "You know what, I'm really not anymore."
             "You see? I'm an amazing man!" Ouranos shouts.
               I grin and reach up to stoke his head, "Yes you are, you are the best killer to have ever lived, my dear companion." I giggle.
               He gives a big grin, (if an owl can grin,) and rubs his wing across my hair in what I presume is a hair ruffle.
              "Iris!" my name is called from below. When I look down I see all six brothers and Yui standing at the base of my home with their school uniforms and bags.
               "I'm ready!" I call down as I jump from the roof, landing with a cat's grace as I walk over to the group, my bag in hand.
                  I smile warmly at them as I link my arm through Kanato's. After all this time, I've become the closest with him.
                   'Yes,' I sigh mentally, 'I'm very happy now.'

     It seems I have Cordelia to thank for this, don't you all think?

END