Chapter One: Finally Home

"Oh my god!" Yeon Hee exclaimed. "I thought you forgot about me!"

Chanyeol smirked. "How could I forget about my favorite cleaning lady?" He pulled her into a hug, the others following suit. Soon, Yeon Hee was being crushed by Exo members' embraces. She couldn't help herself, she smiled as she fought her way out of the circles of boys.

Then, she saw Suho. He was standing off to the side, almost awkwardly. Okay that's a lie. He was standing awkwardly, staring at his friends with an I-have-no-idea-what's-happening look.

Yeon Hee had only met him a few times and they'd gotten along, but they wren't exactly friends.

"Hi Suho." She said, walking over to greet him, the others completely oblivious that she'd even left.

"Hi Ji Yeon Hee." The older said, shifting from foot to foot, Yeon Hee almost laughed. It looked like he had to pee.

"Call me Yeon Hee." The younger said smiling.

There was a moment of silence before Suho cleared his throat. "So you and Chanyeol were childhood friends, right?" She nodded.

That's when Chanyeol realized she was missing and turned around and hugged Yeon Hee from behind.

"It's been a while." He whispered in her ear, his breath on her ear sending chills down her spine. She felt Chanyeol place something in the palm of her hand. Yeon Hee looked down and saw the treble clef necklace in her hand.

"Don't you need this?" She asked, surprised. She didn't think that she's be getting the thing back.

"A promise is a promise. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I couldn't keep my promises?"

Yeon Hee's heart fluttered and her chest tightened. She loved Chanyeol that much-- or at least she thought she did. This felt different. It's just because I haven't seen him in a while, it'll pass, she told herself.