Chapter 6: Kimchi

Chanyeol turned to Kwang Soo.

"What the hell just happened?" He asked the younger boy. 

"Well..." Kwang Soo said. "I got mad at her for not telling me Sehun was back. I put on a show this morning and made her get in trouble."

Chen shook his head and Kai looked annoyed. Chanyeol looked mad. "Why?"

Kwang Soo shrugged. 

Sighing, Chanyeol turned to chase after his girlfriend. 

"Wait," Kai stopped him. "I'll go. I understand better than you do. I have a sister."

He had a point. Chanyeol nodded and stepped aside, allowing Kai to pass. 

Kai walked outside and looked for Yeon Hee. He was about a block away when he saw Yeon Hee. His chest tightened. Kai knew she had a boyfriend-- Chanyeol none the less-- but he still kinda liked her. 

"Yah, Ji Yeon Hee!" he called and she turned around. Kai jogged up to her. 

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Kai looked at her. He didn't exactly know what to say. "Wanna go out for food?"

He could see Yeon Hee consider it. Kai waited for what felt like forever before she finally agreed. 

"I'll go, but on one condition."

The younger boy nodded, waiting for Yeon Hee to continue.

"You're paying." she said, uncrossing her arms and letting them fall to her sides.

Kai sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sure."

Kai had to go back to his house to grab a hat and some money. As soon as he walked inside, he was attacked with questions from the other member. Well, almost all the members-- Sehun and Kwang Soo were nowhere in sight.

"Where's Yeon Hee?" Suho asked.

"Is she okay?" Chanyeol demanded. 

Kai took a step back. He barley heard the questions that were being asked anymore. Everyone was talking over everybody!

"Guys! She's fine! We're going to have lunch together. We'll be back in an hour." Kai said, forcing his way through the crowd of boys and to his room to grab his wallet and his 'disguise' as he liked to call it.

When Kai finally got back outside, Yeon Hee was still waiting by the driveway.

"Are you ready?" She asked. The younger nodded.

The two decided to go to the nearest barbecue. Yeon Hee ordered almost everything on the menu and three bowls of kimchi. When the food got there, Kai placed his share on one half of the grill. Yeon Hee did the same on the other half of the grill.

She took her kimchi and ate it. Kai gaped. She ate kimchi cold and plain. Out of a bowl.

When Yeon Hee noticed that Kai was staring at her, she blushed bright red. "Stop staring at me. It's hard to eat my food."

Kai looked at her mouth and saw she had red spice in the corner of her mouth. "Yeon Hee, you have something right here." He motioned to her own mouth and laughed when Yeon Hee wiped the wrong side. 

Kai shook his head and lean over the table, swiping his thumb across her lip, removing the kimchi sauce from her face. 

Yeon Hee was redder than ever now-- and so was Kai. He didn't know what had gotten into him, but it had felt like the right thing to do then. Now, it just felt awkward. 

After what felt like an eternity of silence, Kai picked his chopsticks back up and looked at the older girl. 

"A-aren't you going to eat?" he asked with as much innocence as he could muster up. 

"U-um, yeah." Yeon Hee stuttered in response. She picked up her now burned boneless rib off the grill and placed it on her plate, her face still red. Kai smirked. He knew that he shouldn't feel the way he did towards Yeon Hee, but he did.

And he was pretty sure that Yeon Hee liked him back.

***

Team ChanYeon Hee or team Ji JongIn?

Because of all the Korean terms and names I'm using, there are so many red squiggles under so many words!!!

Sorry for the late update. I've been working on a science project and an essay for English and I take both of those classes more seriously than any others, so I've been really busy lately. I'll try my best to update sooner with longer chapters.