Chapter Five

A/N: Hey guys! Merry Christmas! So I will try my best and double update all of my books today and tomorrow. I will try my best to at least update once on Friday and Saturday!
---------

Everyone started to work their way over to the living room after grabbing coffee and a plate.

Scott sat at the end of the couch and Mitch sat beside him. Scott looked over at Mitch and asked if he had enough to eat and wanted anything else. Mitch asked Scott for a refill on coffee so Scott stood up immediately, fulfilling Mitch's request.

"Thanks babe." Mitch teased as Scott sat down, handing Mitch his coffee. Scott just smiled at him but inside he was hurt.

"Hey Scott?" Avi called. "Can I talk to you a sec?"  "Hm? Yeah, sure." Avi walked into the bedroom and Scott followed behind.

"Look, I've tried to not read your mind but it's hard not to when you look this down. What's wrong?"

Scott let out a huge sigh. "Why bother asking when you already know?" Scott tried to joke.

"That's true but I want to here it from you. It's still weird processing the thought that I can read minds and it feels like they're saying it out loud when they're not."

"Huh, makes sense. Well, you know that Mitch and I have been best friends since we were ten. And we met when we were eight. And now that we're all in our twenties, I-I want to be something more with Mitch. And whenever he teases me like that-"

"Like what?"

"Like this morning when he said thanks babe."

"Ok, continue."

"And all I wish is that he's being serious, and not joking. I know, it sounds crazy. Being in love with your lifelong best friend. I get it. But, I don't know." Scott sighed and sat down on the bed, his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands.

Avi sat beside him, rubbing his back in an attempt to comfort one of his best friends. "Y'know... Maybe he feels the same way and he sounds like he's joking when inside he's not. You never know until you ask."

"Hey, what's with all this smart talk? You're starting to give me a headache!" Scott laughed.
"Maybe you're right though. Not to take advantage of your power, could you maybe, um, read his mind? For me? Please?"

"He asked me to not do that though Scott. I'm sorry." Avi gave Scott a sad smile.

"Please? Just until you figure out how Mitch feels towards me?" Scott pleaded.

Avi sighed and gave in. "Fine. But just until I figure out his feelings. After that, unless there's a seriously good reason to, I'm not going to read anybody's minds to figure out secrets."

"Thanks a ton Avi." Scott said while giving Avi a hug. "And Avi?"

"Yeah Scott?"

"You'd make a great psychiatrist."

"Very funny Scott."

"But I'm serious!" He laughed as they both walked out, Avi's hand on Scott's shoulder.

"Alright. Now, where should we start our discussion on well, our powers?" He said while he clapped together once.

Scott reclaimed his seat on the couch beside Mitch and grabbed his plate off of the coffee table, and ate a mouthful of eggs feeling much better after talking to Avi.

***