Runaway Part 2

~~~Aphmau~~

When I got to the thrown room where my father was at I bowed to him.

"Yes father. Vlyad told me that you wanted to talk to me about Ok'hasis." I said trying not to mummer Ok'hasis.

"Yes well you do know that we are at war with them." He said and I nodded.

"Well me and the King of Ok'hasis have made a peace treaty that includes you and his first born." He said. I don't like this.

"Well you have to marry his first born to make peace and have the treaty happen. I'm sorry I know you don't like Ok'hasis but this is the only way to stop the war between our countries." He said and before he could speak again I ran to my room and locked my door and called for Nicole to come to my room.

"Nicole! Come up here pease!" I yelled out my balcony and she nodded and ran into the castle.

"Aphmau! Open the door please." I heard Vylad say and knock on my door.

"Go away and if Nicole is out there tell her to wait." I said and went to open the door.

"Aphmau you wanted me." Nicole said when I opened my door.

"Yes I can't marry the first born of Ok'hasis. I just can't. What do I do Nicole? What do I do?!" I questioned her.

"Run away Aph. If you don't want to marry then run away. They won't be able to find you unless they follow you or see you sneak out the castle or the walls of Scaleswind." Nicole said. She didn't seem to tell me anything but to run. And I will run.

"Nicole come with me please. I won't know where to go and if I run I'm going to your cousin Lily's home. I don't know where that is." I said and she nodded. She doesn't seem very worried like me. Maybe she's just trying not to panic and be a good friend.

~~~~~~Garroth~~~~~~

I was guarding when I heard Laurence yell my name. Him and Dante are the only ones that know I'm the prince of Ok'hasis. They also know that I'm running away because I don't want to marry someone I don't love. Plus I've never met the princess of Scaleswind.

"Yes Laurence?" I asked him as he came up on the top of the gate.

"Well Lily said her cousin Nicole was coming from Scaleswind with her friend as they are moving here so watch out for two girls wandering in the woods." Laurence said and I nodded.

"Wait didn't Lily say her cousin worked with the princess of Scaleswind the first day she told us about her family." I said and he nodded.

"Do you think she could tell me about the princess and keep my secret about me being the prince of...........Ok'hasis a secret." I whispered the last few words. I hate being the prince of Ok'hasis and that I'm forced to marry the princess of Scaleswind.

"Maybe but I'm not sure about the secret part." He said and left. Well I guess I have to find a way to get Lily's cousin to tell me about the princess of Scaleswind.

------Later in the woods------

~~~~~~Nicole~~~~~~

Me and Aphmau were in the woods when I heard someone yelling or that could have been Aphmau cause I wasn't near her right now I was looking for some food for us.

"Who's there." I yelled.

"Nicole where are you." Aphmau yelled. She sounded scared so I ran to find her.

"Yes Aphmau what is it." I said panting. I looked up and saw a person in full armor and Aphmau on the floor with a sword to her neck.

"Whoa! Hey guard would you stop that she's with me." I said and the person's sword came up to me and I put up my hands showing I'm not armed. But I can't say the same for Aphmau there.

"Who are you and why are you here." The person said. They must be a male because I heard a deep voice when the person spoke.

"I'm Nicole and that's my friend Aphmau. We are looking for Phoenix Drop. Do you know where that place is?" I asked and they put there sword down.

"Yes I'm Garroth the head guard of Phoenix Drop and I'm sorry I didn't notice you. Your cousin is Lily right?" Garroth asked me and I nodded.

"Well you two follow me to her home and I will leave you alone until morning when I check to see how the villagers are doing." He said and me and Aphmau nodded. He helped up Aphmau and we followed him to my cousin's house and he left. Well Lily should have told me the guard are hostile around new people in the village. But I wonder why she didn't tell me?