Dante's Brother

---Aphmau---

We got back to Phoenix Drop and I went straight to my house. I didn't stop to talk to anyone, I didn't even bother to check on the village. I got home and went to my room and locked the door. I sat on the bed and looked at the picture of my whole family together.

"Dad I will find out who killed you and kill them. You were gonna be a grandfather." I said and started to cry. Wait Kayd!

"Kayd!" I yelled and ran out my house again and looked for her. I found her by the docks with her bow and arrow.

"Kayd." I said and she looked at me. She had her bow in one hand and an arrow in the other.

"Please put that up." I said and she dropped them. I nodded and she walked up to me.

"Aphmau are you ok?" She asked.

"No. My father is dead because of an archer. I need to find out who did this and kill them before they can hurt anyone else." I said.

"Then let me be an archer here. I am hide away from everyone and only you will know where I am. I can find archers that are on the ground and in the sky and take them out before they reach you." Kayd said. Maybe I should give her a chance.

"Ok but if I see one arrow fly from your direction, you're out." I said and she nodded. Kayd was about to say something else before she grabbed the bow and pointed it to the trees.

"Aphmau behind me now." Kayd said and I got behind her. She scanned the trees and pointed the bow along the trees as she scanned them.

"Sorry Aphmau I thought I heard something." Kayd said and put the bow down. I smiled knowing she's doing this to protect me. Well me and my baby who isn't born yet.

"Thank you Ka.....ahh!" I yelled as I felt a sharp pain go into my leg. I kneeled down and held my leg. It was bleeding and it had and arrow in it.

"Aphmau!" Kayd yelled and picked me up and ran to Kiki's place. The last thing I saw was Garroth running up to Kayd and me before I passed out.

---Kayd---

I picked up Aphmau and ran to find Kiki. I saw Garroth talking to Laurence and when he saw me he ran up to me.

"Kayd!" He yelled and when he saw Aphmau his expression changed fast.

"We need Kiki." I said and he took Aphmau from me and ran to the barn. I ran up to Laurence who was running to the barn. We got to the barn and Kiki had taken Aphmau up to her healing room.

"Kayd what happened?" Garroth asked.

"I was talking to her and heard something but saw nothing. When I turned to talk to her an arrow hit her leg." I said. Laurence looked to the ground and ran out the barn. I followed him and he was sitting near the river.

"Laurence." I said. He looked at me then back at the river. I sat next to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Gene." He said. Who?

"I'm sorry who?" I asked.

"He's a shadow knight, like me." Laurence said. Wait!

"Shadow knight." I said.

"I got stuck in the nether and was turned into a shadow knight. I came back to the real world and killed the lord of Phoenix Drop for immortality. Once I did I learned to control my power and later told Garroth. At first he was going to kill me but then he understood. While in the nether I met a girl named Sasha and a guy named Gene. Gene was always out for the royals of Scaleswind because of what the lord did to his family. He doesn't know his brother is still alive though. I never told Dante or Gene their brother was alive." He said.