Prologue

It was the last day of school, my last day of high school, but more importantly the day before my freedom. I sat in class, tapping my fingers impatiently on my desk. Ten more minutes. I closed my notebook, and day dreamed for a moment. I imagined standing on stage, in front of thousands of people who all knew my songs. They screamed the lyrics back to me.

My day dream was cut short by the final bell. I smiled widely, and ran out of class Evey. I ran up to Evey and hugged her. "We're free! No more waking up at 4:30 AM just to be able to eat breakfast." I yelled excitedly.
Evey is my best friend, we met freshman year and ever since then, we've been inseparable. She pushed me off of her, and rolled her eyes laughing. "We can finally get our band going, and get out of this bullshit place." I said to her as we walked.
She didn't say anything, and looked like something was wrong. When we reached the car, she got in without saying a word. I looked at her, worried. "What is it? What's wrong?" I said, sighing.
She looked at me, then looked down. "I just..." She sighed. "I just don't know about this whole band idea." She looked at me.
I slammed my head back into the seat, and sighed with my hands on the wheel. "This is everything we've ever wanted, this is what we've planned for almost four years." I shook my head and looked over to her. She stayed silent, so I turned on the radio. The song "Get Higher" by Palaye Royale played in the background.

*********

~To be continued~