9

(Victoria's POV)

I heard the door slam open, and frantic footsteps on the floor. I felt cold hands touch my face, and press their forehead against mine. Emerson was back. He climbed on the bunk and sat against the window, then pulled me up next to him. He held on to my tightly, pressing my face into his chest. 

"Victoria." He whispered. He breathed heavily, and pushed my hair back. "Wake up, baby. Please.." He whispered.

 I felt something hitting my face, was he crying? He held me to his chest, and I tried as hard as I could to open my eyes. I finally got my eyes partly open, and weakly put my arm around him. He hugged me tighter, and I smiled. "Please don't leave me like that. I love you too much to ever think of losing you." He said, before kissing my forehead.

»«

It was getting close to the end of tour, and there were about 10 shows left.
I went back to BSR's bus, and saw Tyler sitting with Francheska. Tyler looked miserable, and I was worried. 

"What's going on?" I asked.

Tyler didn't respond, and Francheska looked at me. "He's sick. He can't even open his mouth without wanting to vomit." She looked at him then back at me, "He can't preform tonight, he's too sick." She said looking at me.
I thought for a second, then looked at her. 

"I could fill in for him." I said quietly.

 Tyler looked at me. "Are you sure?" He said sickly. 

I nodded. "Yeah, I know almost all of your songs now, and I could even throw in some of my own." I smiled and fixed my hair. 

Tyler smiled, "Thank you." He said.

 I smiled, and ran back outside to find Emerson.

"Hi babe." I said, kissing Emerson's cheek. 

He put his arms around me and smiled. "Hello beautiful."

 I smiled, and looked up at him. "Guess what!" I said excitedly.

He looked down at me, "Hm?"  

I looked at him for a second, "Tyler is sick, and I get to fill in for him until he gets better." I said hugging him. 

»«

It was about 4 hours before the show and I grabbed Tyler's guitar to practice. I played his songs Mental, Smile I'm Not Okay, and Fireworks, then played a song I wrote called Headlights. I was nervous, it's my first time playing in front of a crowd. 

Time flew by and suddenly, it was time for the show to start. I kissed Emerson softly and whispered, "Wish me luck."

He kissed me, and smiled. "Good luck baby." He said.

 I walked out on stage, Tyler's guitar in hand.

"Hey guys, I know you were expecting Tyler Hagen, but he's really ill. So tonight, my name is Victoria and I'll be filling in for him." I said into the microphone. I put the capo on second fret, and exhaled. 

"This song is called Mental, it's by Tyler." I said nervously before singing.

"And I'm terrified of what you'll think
When you see the me that no one sees
When you see the things I keep left in the dark."

I sang, and the crowd sang along with me. I sang louder, and by the end of the set, everyone was cheering me on. 

After my set, Emerson grabbed me and picked me up. "You were amazing baby!" He said before kissing my face several times. 

I laughed, and blushed slightly. "Thank you, baby." I said kissing his lips softly. 

»«

Soon enough, it was Palaye Royale's turn. They all went up there, I gave Emerson my good luck kiss and people screamed from the crowd, "Goals" and "Aw, ship!" 

I blushed, and ran backstage.

After their set, Emerson and I ran off to get some food. It was the middle of December, and it was snowing badly where we were. The roads were icy, and slippery.
We found a place a few miles out, and ate there. After eating, we were heading back when Emerson had to swerve to avoid hitting something in the road. Our small car slid across the road, and flipped off a bridge going over a long since dry river.

»«

Everything was black, then all I could see were flashing lights. I moved around slowly, and looked at Emerson.

 He was unconscious. 

I gently grabbed his face, "Emerson? Baby, please answer me." I said.

 He was completely still. I whispered out "fuck" as I tried to get my seat belt unhooked. I finally released it, and crawled out through a broken window.

 Paramedics gathered around me. "Don't bother with me, just please make sure my boyfriend is okay." I begged.

After what felt like forever, they got Emerson out of the car. He was still unconscious. 

They put us both on stretchers and into an ambulance. The ride to the hospital was agonizing. I kept reaching over to Emerson, hoping he would wake up. 

I finally just grabbed his hand, and let everything fade away.

»«

(Evey's pov)

After the show, I lied with Remington on the couch.

 I looked up at him, "Have you heard from Emerson and Victoria at all?" I asked.

 He shook his head. "No, but I'm a little worried. Should I try calling them?" He asked. 

I nodded and watched him stand up to get his phone. It rang for a minute then stopped. "It's not like him to ignore my calls." He said. I looked at my phone.

 "They left at 10, and it's 2AM. I hope they're okay." I sighed, and tried to call Victoria. No answer.