CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @larryslittlest for loving Larry as much as I do!

On a scheduling note, the next two weeks I'll be posting on either Wednesday or Thursday because of the holidays.

Just a reminder, this chapter and the rest of the chapters going forward are all set in the present.

Disclaimer: strong sexual content.

Song lyrics are not mine.

Dear Harry,

I've decided to call off the wedding. I don't see how we can go through with it now that we both know you still have feelings for Kitty. I want you to know that I didn't make this decision hastily. I've been feeling that something was not quite right between us for some time. You've been distant the past few weeks and you haven't touched me since the stag and doe...

I'm staying with friends. Don't contact me.

Darby

LOUIS

Zayn and I pulled up outside Harry's flat. The press was everywhere. I didn't think we'd make it to the door. There was a security guard talking to a group of cops by the entrance. They recognized us immediately and let us up.

I was not prepared to see Harry in such a state. His eyes were red a swollen and his hair messily tied back. Even his dog looked miserable, lying on the ground with his head between his paws.

Harry was alone. His father had been there to check in on him earlier but went back to his hotel, and his mother and sister wouldn't fly in until the next morning.

I couldn't tell if he was happy to see me or not. Zayn went into the other room to call Liam and ask if he had gotten in touch with Sarah yet.

I unzipped my light jacket and hung it in the closet next to Darby's chiffon wedding dress. Standing in my t-shirt and adidas track pants I was still hot. If they had air-conditioning, it wasn't turned on—probably one of Darby's energy saving measures.

Harry had my jeans on from the night before and they still looked impossibly tight. His shirt was wrinkled and tear-stained. He moved toward me and I thought he was about to walk right past, but instead he fell into my arms, buried his head on my shoulder and cried.

"I'm so sorry, love."

He wiped his cheek with his forearm. "No, you're not."

"Don't say that! Of course I am."

"Just hold me."

I knew when to shut up. I folded my arms around him and held him even tighter. His body went limp. He was so trusting and vulnerable. It was frighteningly easy to fall in love with him. Not that I had ever fallen out of love with him.

"Have you talked to her?" I asked tentatively.

"No, but it doesn't matter, she won't believe me."

"Yes she will."

"You didn't."

Zayn came out of the bedroom. He shook his head. "Liam thinks she's probably with Sarah but he doesn't know for sure. She's still not picking up. I'm sorry Harry. It doesn't look like anyone's getting a hold of her tonight."

Try not to smile, I said to myself, try not to smile. You're sad that Darby's gone. You're sad, Goddammit!

Harry rubbed his eyes. "I just don't understand how those pictures got leaked. Baron couldn't have done this alone. Why is this happening to me? It's a nightmare!"