Chapter Four: The Beast Below: Part OneUntitled part

Riley walked into the ship's open doors, followed by her future sister-in-law and the Time Lord. She let Amy walk past her and stayed at the Doctor's side as he closed the door.

He crossed his arms and glanced at the two girls, his eyes staying on the blonde for a second longer. "Well? Anything you want to say? Any passing remarks? I've heard them all."

The girl on his left looked at her friend. "Amy's in her nightie."

The Scottish girl was going to respond with a mature 'so are you', but she wasn't. The university student had just arrived at her house twenty minutes before, they had been chatting and she had no chance to change. She frowned. "Shut it, Rils."

The Doctor chuckled. "Oh, don't worry. Plenty of clothes in the wardrobe. And possibly a swimming pool." He went to the console and frowned when only the redhead went with. "Riley, come on."

"Oh, yes. Sorry." She joined them. Her mind had been racing to try and accept the fact that she was somewhat attracted to the strange man.

"Alright, so, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will. Where do you want to start?"

Amy grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her slightly behind her. "You are so sure that we're coming."

Her eighteen year old friend whispered in her ear, "Um...I actually am." She was going to say more, but the glare she received shut her up.

The Doctor shrugged. "Yeah, I am."

"Why?"

"'Cause you're a Scottish girl in the English village, and I know how that feels."

"Oh, do you?"

The teenager grinned and wiggled herself from Amy's grasp. She went in front of her and gripped her shoulders. She ignored the strange looks she got from the alien and the girl. "After living here for years, you've still got your accent." She let her go and stood next to her.

The alien spoke again. "Yeah, what she said. You're coming."

"Can you get us back for tomorrow morning?"

"It's a time machine. I can get you back five minutes ago. Why, what's tomorrow?"

Riley was going to answer, but her friend pinched her arm. She yelped and rubbed the spot that hurt. "Amy!"

Amy smiled innocently. "Nothing. Nothing. Just you know, stuff."

The Doctor gave her a strange look, but nodded. "All right, then. Back in time for stuff." A soft 'ding!' came from the console and he ran to it. He pulled out his new sonic screwdriver. "Oh! A new one! Lovely. Thanks, dear." He went to type on an old typewriter.

'Is he controlling the ship that way?' Riley questioned, her eyebrows furrowing. "Why me? Why us?" She asked outloud.

He stopped typing and gave her a soft smile. "Why not?"

"No, seriously. You're asking two women to runaway with you in the middle of the night."

The redhead went and stood next to her friend, who had stepped up to the console. "It's a fair question. Why us?"

Confusion ran through the Doctor's eyes for a moment. "I don't know. Fun. Do I have to have a reason?"

"People always have a reason."

"Do I look like people?"

"Yes."

"Been knocking around on my own for a while. My choice, but I've started talking to myself all the time. It's giving me an earache."