Chapter Two: The Eleventh Hour: Part Two

This isn't my best work. I felt like I really needed to update. One of my loved ones died earlier this week, so this cheered me up. I'm sorry that this is short and sucky!

"She's out," Amelia whispered.

The Doctor looked at both Riley and Amelia with concern. "And she left you two all alone?"

"We're not scared," Riley retorted. Her eyes daring the Doctor to disagree.

The man smiled warmly at the little girls. "'Course, you're not. You're not scared of anything. Box falls out of the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard, and look at ya, just sitting there. So you know what I think?"

"What?" The Scottie and Brit said in unison.

The Doctor leaned forward. "Must be a hell of a scary crack on your wall."

"Hey!" Riley shouted.

The Time Lord and her friend looked at her with worried faces.

"Language!" The four years old shouted at the Doctor.

The mad man grinned at the little English girl and reached over the table to ruffle her blonde hair. "Oh shush, you."

**************************

The Doctor stood in Amelia's room. He was facing the crack on the wall. It appeared to be a meter long, it slightly was W shaped. The ginger and blonde stood a few feet behind him. Riley was a few inches in front of her older friend. She didn't know why, but the English girl felt more safe and confident when she was around the stranger.

"You've got some cowboys in there. Not actual cowboys, though that can happen..." The mad man trailed off.

He turned around to face his newly found companions. Riley was staring at him, probably thinking hard about something. Amelia was holding an apple in her hands. She was looking at it sadly.

"I used to hate apples," her Scottish accent was tainted with sadness and longing, "so my mum put faces on them."

The stranger headed towards Amelia, he could feel the four years old's eyes follow his every move. The ginger girl handed the man the apple.

"She sounds good, your mum." The Doctor put the carved apple in his pants pocket. "I'll keep it for later."

The Time Lord turned and walked back to the crack. "This wall is solid and the crack doesn't go all the way through." He looked back towards the girls. They were both watching him curiously. He continued talking, "so here's a thing. Where's the draught coming from?"

Riley shrugged and Amelia walked closer. The man scanned the wall with his sonic screwdriver.