eleven

After a thirty minute long Physics test, Mason felt confident as he walked down the hallway. 

He could feel his posture straightening, his mouth being placed in a half-cocked smile, and his eyes crinkling with cockiness.

In other words, Mason felt like a new man.

There was something about putting your best effort in something that made Mason proud. Maybe it was the usual A-pluses he would get afterwards, or the immediate shock that people get when they realize how underrated his smartness is. Either way, the jock couldn't help but feel a little bit smug on the inside. With his two friends walking side by side with him -- Garrett on his left, and Kerry on his right -- Mason quietly listened to the conversation they were having about the test.

"Oh, man," Garrett groans, slapping his hand against his head. "I know I failed that Physics test."

Kerry, another jock underrated for his brains, smirked. 

"You know if you studied, the answers would come much easier." 

"Don't be ridiculous," Garrett snorts playfully. "Studying is for losers."

Mason laughs, and stopped at his locker, placing his hand on the dial. Turning the dial to the right for the first number of his combination, Mason notices a sticky note with familiar handwriting. Squinting at the note, he finally twists his mouth into a small smirk. After smirking at his little surprise for too long, Garrett notices.

"Wow," he breathes behind Mason's neck. "Who is this girl?"

Mason rolls his eyes and shakes his friend off. "No one," he replies.

Garrett tilts his head in a way that made him look like he knew Mason's long lost secret. It only took a while for Kerry to join into the fun. Leaning in to look at the note, Kerry swore under his breath and looks up at Mason with excitement.

"I want to know her," Kerry excitably says. "She has a way with words...and maybe a way to your heart. Atta boy!"

Mason snatches the note from his locker, causing his friends to move away, giggling like girls gossiping at a sleepover. 

"Yeah, yeah," Mason grumbles, looking down at the note. "Scram."

Kerry puts his hands up in defense and Garrett winks, while giving a thumbs up of approval. As they were walking down the hallway, Garrett was still grinning. Girls nearby were fawning over him, with secret smiles being passes left and right.

"We'll give you some privacy dude!" Garrett calls out. A few of Mason's admirers turn to look at him with curiosity and raging jealously.

Shaking his head, Mason starts to pay attention to the note in his hand:

i need to talk to u, like asap.

meet: the large oak tree where those kids smoke weed or something.

when: after school -- don't be late!

christmas lyric of the day:  

"I just want you for my own,

More than you could ever know,

Make my wish come true oh!" 

^that was for you to be agitated. see ya later!

phoebe :)

Mason snorted at the sight of another Christmas lyric from Mariah Carey's song. He was sure that this possibly broke the scale of cheesiness for Phoebe so far. Despite the humor, Mason couldn't help to thing how she was wrong about how he felt. Rather than feel agitation, Mason could feel his pessimistic side coming out. He wasn't exactly sure how he was supposed to imagine the idea of spending Christmas with his family when it was highly unrealistic.

Mason sucked in a breath. 

But should that stop him from seeing the all time cheesy and intriguing Phoebe?

Mason shrugged. "It's better than home," he mutters softly.

Folding the sticky note neatly, Mason slides it in his pocket. He finally turns his attention to his locker and opened it placing his textbook inside. As he shut the locker close, Mason walks away to find Garrett and Kerry with a certain brown eyed girl on his mind.

. . . . . 

author's note: next chapter coming up soon! :) I hope you like this one!

cheers!

a.g.

- edited