fourteen

Flattered wasn't close to what Phoebe felt at the moment.

She would think of another word, but 'flattered' was good for now. Besides, how is anyone able to describe the actions of a boy -- in this case, the no- Christmas loving, Mason -- ogling oneself?

And to add on to that arguement, it wasn't just one boy. It was several. Several.

She wasn't exactly sure why Garrett and Kerry were staring at her too, but hey, the more the merrier, right?

"No, it isn't," Lea retorts beside her. "And stop speaking your thoughts aloud. It's irritating."

With the school day coming to a close, Phoebe was walking to her car in the student's parking lot with her sister. It's was pretty chilly, but the constant movement kept her warm.

In return of her sister's snide comment, Phoebe ignores her and continues walking. As the two walk, there was someone in calling Phoebe's name in the midst of the air. Lea groans and places her hand out for the keys to the car.

"Gimmie," she grumbles. "I'm not going to stand out here."

Phoebe rolls her eyes. "Let me see who it is first, drama queen."

Turning away from her now protesting sister, Phoebe finds
Garrett running towards her with speed. At the sight, she could feel her heart thundering with lighting force. Looking down into her satchel, she digs through it until she finds her car keys and tosses it to her little sister.

"Took you long enough." Lea says, grabbing the keys midair. As she walks the remaining distance to the car, Phoebe could hear the bottom of her shoes slapping against the concrete.

Garrett starts to near close, his movements becoming slower as he stands in front of Phoebe in his handsome glory. His smile was wide, while tendrils of his hair fell over his eyes.

"Hey there." He breathes, his smile still in place. "Phoebe right?"

Phoebe swallows. "Yeah."

If you truly wanted to imagine how Garrett was like, just imagine your dream guy and multiply his hotness ten times the original amount.

Yeah, he was that hot.

With a smock of brown hair on top of his head, Garrett's most appeasing feature was his blue eyes. But that wasn't all. Garrett has more to him than his memorizing eyes. There was also his intense jawline and freckles that lined along the bridge of his nose to consider.

Phoebe just has a preference for a guys' eyes.

"Cool to meet you." Garret says after a beat of silence. "I noticed that my buddy was looking at you at lunch."

Phoebe's cheeks start to ignite a flame.

"Oh, you mean Mason?" She asks, stumbling around for words. "We're not exactly a thing. I m-mean, if you're wondering."

"I know you guys are not a thing," Garrett replies bemusedly. "He said so himself."

Phoebe releases a sigh of relief. "Good."

"But that's not what I'm here for," Garrett adds.

"Oh well...what are you here for?"

Garrett blushes slightly and rubs the back of his next nervously.

"Can I have your number?" He asks.

With those words spilling out of Garrett's pretty mouth, Phoebe nearly fainted.

Key word: nearly

. . . . .

author's note: :) I'm working on the next part as I speak -- well, type! see you soon!

cheers!

a.g.