Broken Trucks - Chapter 2

Hey guysss. So this is XXXone_kissXXX 's chappie.

Give her just as much love!!! ;) ♥

♫Chapter 2♫

Lush P.O.V

I grabbed my keyboard from the back of Mike's van. Mike waved goodbye as i entered the house...Inside was pitch dark. Searching for the switch to the kitchen,

flicking the switch up and down; no sense of light.

"Mom! Is there a blackout?." I shouted, sitting on the steps.

"No, they haven't paid the bill yet." My sister Jay said, coming down the stairs.

"When is dad getting his pay check?" I asked.

"Lush...he lost his job."  Ray announced 

I looked down at my hands, "Oh." I simply said in a low voice.

My phone rang, I knew it was Bentley, I could tell from the ringtone.

"Why won't i sell my phone and top it off with my mom's." I spoke with a big smile.

Ray nodded. "I like your thinking."

I answered the phone, getting up and walking to my room… well Ray and I room.

"Hello." I said

"Hey Lush," Bentley said in a cold voice..

"What’s wrong? Did your mom get drunk again?." I asked.

"Yup, and she slapped me more than once."  Bentley explained.

"Sorry, when she yells at you, you should try blocking out her voice, and agree with everything she says...its funny." I began to giggle, trying to lighting up the mood.

A chuckle escape between his lips, it worked.

"I found this place were the Band can perform, were getting paid too." Bentley added.

"Nice job Bentley, you should know I'm selling my phone, and did you tell the others?" I asked

"Yeah, hold on jimmy's calling me, I'll just put him on the line." Bentley said.

"Hey guys," Jimmy's voice rang.

"What’s up?" Bentley and I said in unison, I smiled.

"Luke, Mike and I are at the park right now making some beats and singing. We need you guys, people actually started to stop and listen to us! Come on we got 20 bucks so far!" Jimmy exclaimed.

I laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Uhm, I'm not going to leave Tori, with my mom like this." Bentley said.

Jimmy stayed silent....

"Here's a smart idea; bring her with you." I said with a sarcastic voice.

"Alright, I will be there in a few, and Lush, you better run." Bentley warned.

We hung up and I headed to the door, loving that there will be sunlight.

“Be back soon, going to the park, love you guys and goodbye!" I yelled, closing the door behind me.