Being Unexpected is Key

So, this is like the worst thing ever because I'm unoriginal and boring so I didn't take the time to make something myself.

"I need you to see a song while I play the music." Those words hit me in the face quite hard if I might say so myself. Sing? Me? Oh hell no. I don't sing, I never have, never will. I stared at him incredulously.

"Haha no." I deadpanned. He still seemed to not change what he wanted. He threw me a piece of paper with words on it. "Are these the lyrics?" I asked and he nodded. I tossed the paper back. "Then no." He seemed to deflate a bit. He tossed the paper back.

"All I need you to do is sing it for me so i can see if it's good. You know how when you write a speech or something and it sounds good until someone else reads it aloud? Well that's how it is with songs so if you will, sing it for me? It doesn't have to be good." I looked at me with his hopeful blue eyes and I was internally screaming that I wouldn't do it. I would not give in.

"Fine." Well fuck. He smiled and started getting papers in order. I looked over the words and they seemed like a jumble to me at first. As I looked at the words a little more carefully, it looked an awful lot like a love song. Great, this should be fun.

He looked at me and I nodded with a deep breath. He cracked his knuckles like he was getting ready to perform something amazing, and knowing him he probably was about to. He put his fingers on the keys and started to play.

(Play song now)

As soon as the piano started the song immediately came alive to me. The words on the paper just seemed to work just right. I took a deep breath.

"Heart beats fast, colors and promises. How to be brave, how can I love when I'm afraid, to fall. But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer." I took a breath in between lines and I noticed Reiner looking at me as he played the music.

"I have died everyday, waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. Time stands still, beauty in all she is. I will be brave, I will not let anything take away, what's standing in front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this." Reiner and I made eye contact as I sung the next lines, never once breaking. "One step closer. I have died every day waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.

"And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." I took a breath and just listened to the music being played by Reiner. It was flawless in my mind and it was as if there was a whole band playing in my mind to make it sound even more complete. If this song had the right person to sing it, it would be an amazing song. Finally, I was coming upon the ending of the song.

"One step closer. One step closer. I have died every day, waiting for you. Darling don't, be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." I finished out the song softly and Reiner finished with the piano.

We just kinda stayed there for a few moments looking at each other before Reiner spoke. "Well that was not what I was expecting. I could barely stay playing the piano properly." Reiner said and I looked away from him.

"Well I tried to tell you no because I couldn't sing but you-" fucker cut me off.

"Are you kidding me? That was the best singing I've ever heard, and I can sing pretty damn well." Reiner told me. I looked at him, disbelieving his words. I was about to respond when I heard clapping coming from the audience area, scaring me half to death. I looked out and seen a small blonde skipping up to the front of the stage. It was Krista.

"Reiner that was amazing!" She exclaimed and went to give him a kiss on the cheek. Reiner smiled sweetly at her. I felt that same pang in my chest that I had felt that dreadful night on Friday. "And Bertolt you're an amazing singer as well. You two worked so hard on that song for me!" Well, she was full of herself wasn't she?

"Anything for my little angel." Reiner said and I literally gagged. Reiner does not need to say those things, not around me at least. I wanted to give them their privacy before they started making out or some shit. I started walking silently down the steps of the stage on my tip toes and grabbed my bag. I threw it on my shoulder and started tip toeing out before I threw up at there romantic acts of love.

Disgusting. They were so caught up in each other that they didn't even notice me leave, which was fine as wine with me. I didn't mind walking around by myself for a little while, and so I did just that. I walked around a good bit until I came to building A and seen a light on in one of the rooms. I decided to go see who it was and even if I didn't know them, I would befriend them.

I walked in and seen that Eren and Armin's door was slightly ajar. I pushed it open the rest of the way, afraid that someone might be trying to steal something but it was only Eren jamming out to some rock music. He looked startled at my entrance at first but quickly resumed his state of peace.

I walked to the bed on the other side of the room and sat down. Eren was leaned against the wall and sitting on his bed. I looked at him and said nothing. "What the fuck are you still doing on campus?" Eren asked.

"Wow, I don't even get a hello? Or good morning? So rude." I feigned hurt and he smiled a little. "My parents seemed to have forgotten my visiting and I had already been emotional so I got upset with them. I decided to hang out here with Reiner. What are you doing here?" I asked him and he seemed to grow gloomy.

"My dad found out about my being gay and he didn't seem to take it all that well. And since I wasn't that far away I just came on back here. Anyways, how are things with your boyfriend?" He smirked and I nearly gagged again at the memory of seeing Reiner give Krista small kisses and shit.

"Nonexistent. His girlfriend showed up and that's why I'm here. Hanging with Eren. Because I have no life and no family that seem to give a damn." I said with a straight face which seemed to amuse Eren.

"Wow I've never seen someone say such depressing things with such enthusiasm." He chuckled, which made me smile. Eren's phone went off and he checked it. "It seems Reiner has noticed your absence and would like for me to text you so." He did something else on his phone and then my phone went off. It was a text.

"Really? I'm literally sitting across from you and you text me?" I asked and he smirked. "Tell him I'm hanging with my boyfriend." The only bad thing about telling Eren to do that, is the fact that he actually did it.

Yeah I suck, but what else is new?
@VapidDarkness
(I don't own that song but it's my life)