6) I don't know..

(Avis POV)

What am I doing? Why don't I just go?! I scream at myself in my head because for some reason I held her...for a good 10 minuets. One hand tangled in her hair, My chin to her neck, the other around her waist. She wasn't struggling, or screaming. What was I doing? What was happening to me? A fire built in my stomach, rising higher and higher until I snapped and pushed her two feet from me.

"Avi...?" She asked, edging closer to me.

"Amelia, Stay back, Just...stay away from me ok?! I don't like you! Not even a little bit! Im pretending because I feel sorry for you" And with that, her expression dropped. From concern to pain, anger and... sadness...

She touches her fingers to her lips "But....the...the k-kiss..." She whimpers

A single tear fell from her face as she croaked out an "Okay..." and, picking up her bag she makes her way out of my apartment. As the door closes behind her I slam my fist against the hard wooden board. I throw a few ornaments from my counter at the wall and snap the leg on my stool as I sit down on the edge of my bed. I knew I was lying to her...and myself. I just don't know what's wrong with me. So many years of feeling nothing towards anyone, turning me not only physically cold, but emotionally. But something about Amelia awoke a different side of me, a scary...vulnerable side.

As I drank myself further and further into unconsciousness I started to become angrier at Amelia, for causing me to become so open with her. Soon enough my feelings stopped and I passed out on my floor, clutching a whiskey bottle and the stool leg.

(Amelias POV) *Warning - Self harm Trigger, please, do not read on if affected*

I cry as I run home. How could I be so stupid? What was I thinking?! That he could actually like me? Of course I would be that oblivious. He just felt sorry for me... I cried as I ran a bath, trying to force myself to not reach for my blade. I shake all feelings out of me and let anger take control. I place the blade in my hands as I lie naked in the bath. Running it gently over the skin on my wrist. thighs and stomach. Blood slowly starting to drip and mix with the water I was laying in. I cry as my body becomes numb to all things. Slowly my eyelids become heavier and they close.

(Avis POV)

My drunken state awakens and I haul myself off the floor and force myself to wonder outside. I walk through town, growling at anyone who tried to make eye contact at this late hour. As I got further into town I could start to smell the faint scent of blood. Like someone was injured or... Attacked. I smirked, easy kill. I began to follow my senses and soon enough came to a small building of 3 apartments. It wouldn't be hard to find out which one it was. I attempted to open the front door, which was luckily unlocked. I made my way to the second floor where the scent was strongest and began to quietly pick at the lock. Though, honestly who could be here, and not be calling for an ambulance? I shrugged all else off, still in my drunken sense of mind I manage to unlock the door and creep inside, closing and locking the door behind me. I hear the sound of water running, and not so surprisingly, the scent was coming from the bathroom. I gently push the door open, ready to pounce on whoever was in here, but what I see causes my dead heart to sink further to hell.

Amelia?!

She lay in the bathtub, naked, covered in cuts, old scars and blood. I ignore the fact that she's laying completely naked as...well, I don't really care at this point in my life. I panic and roll up my sleeves, tucking my arm under her back and legs, keeping eye contact with her as she slips in and out of consciousness, making sudden eye contact with me and closing her eyes again.

"Amelia?!" I panic even more.

I place her limp body on her own bed, covering up as many cuts as I can see. Ignoring the fact that I don't have any urge to take her.. I can answer that question later. I clean up her cuts as she carries on slipping out of consciousness. I try to awaken her and soon enough she keeps her eyes open long enough to recognise me.

"Avi?!" She gasps. "Why the hell are you here?" She groans, covering herself up.

"Careful!" I growl as she winces in pain.

She looks slightly shocked at my tone as she pulls her duvet over her chest which I hadn't bothered to cover.

"Wh- ...How do you- Were you following me?" She asked. I had to come up with the most plausible answer.

"Yes..."  I mumbled.

"Why?" She asked, still clearly shocked.

"I lied.... I do care... I just... wanted to make sure you were ok.."

She looked even angrier and hurt than before.

"Leave...you're a cruel...cruel man, and I don't want to see you here, or anywhere again, Understood?! Go..." She mumbled, crying silently as she turns from me. I sit still, contemplating what's best..

I touch her wrist... Moving my hand to her shoulder as I move closer. She doesn't look at me as I place my arm around her and place a gentle kiss on her shoulder. She lets a small weep escape her lips as I pull her onto my chest, where she lets go and cries hard. My heart cracks in my chest. I don't know why..

I hold her tightly, and squeeze her shoulder until she falls asleep and I quietly make my way out of her apartment. Don't worry... You wont be seeing me for a while..