4) what the heck?

(Amelia's POV)

I laid in my bed, rethinking the night over and over again, different things popping into my head. Did Avi set this up? Was that Avi who was there? I racked my mind for the right answer but kept coming up with zero explanations. I decided to go to my fridge and get that card thing again, it was like a piece of paper and had the address written on it. I look on the back and saw an emblem of a dragon in a wine glass in copper on the back. I smiled and read the writing.

Welcome to Avriels Antiques, where you can buy dragons of all shapes and sizes.

To book an appointment or order or for extra info call:

*** 555 ****

I decided to take my chances, and although it was 1:30 am, I chose to call anyway. I picked up my phone and dialled the number, I could hear the phone ring on the other end and I waited for a few seconds before I heard someone pick up the phone. I sat there awkwardly silent before hearing a low grumble on the other end.

'Yes?' He demanded,

'Um yes, Hi... Is this Avi's Antiques' I asked politely.

'Yes, its also 1:30am' He replied quite harshly.

'I'm sorry....' I was a little upset by his remark, yet it was very early and impractical of me to call. I decided to not say another word but to hang up.

(Avi's POV)

I grumbled as I heard the phone next to me ring deep into my ear, I don't sleep, As vampires well.....don't. I was just laying comfortably on my bed. I leaned over and looked at my watch. 1:30am. I rolled my eyes and picked up the phone, expecting it to be Scott or Kevin. I was surprised to hear a womans voice. A familiar voice.... I was being quite rude to her, but it was 1:30 and I was having my annual lay down. After a few seconds she apologised and hung up. I stared at the phone, dumbfounded but just shook it off. I put down my phone and laid back on my bed, closing my eyes and listening to the night outside go by.

*Next Morning*

I got up from my bed and groaned, I seem to be doing that a lot lately. I wasn't sure if I was hoping to see the girl again or If I was more relived if she wouldn't turn up again. I decided to go and take a cold shower before throwing on the same old black V-neck and black skinny jeans and a black beanie and trudging half-heartedly out my door and up the stairs to the shop. I turned on the few lights in the shop and made sure no sunlight hit the counter I stood at. I checked that everything was in order before turning the "Open/Closed" Sign around so that it showed open and unlocked the door. I sat on the stool behind the counter and started to read a book about a young girl who was locked in a mental hospital for murdering her younger sister, it was quite the exciting read. It was a 350 page book, and I had almost finished page 283 when the annoying bell on the door rang as someone entered the door. The person was wearing white skinny jeans and black platform boots. They had a black hoodie covering their face from the wind and rain outside. I kept looking down at my book, uninterested as to who just walked through the door, Almost everyone who comes in here just browses around and then walks out again without so much as a word to be spoken. I don't mind it, I usually enjoy the silence. The stranger pulled down their hood and a lot of red hair fell out, for a second I thought it fell off and id have a lot of weird tidying to do...

My heart dropper, it was her. That girl, the one I.. "met" last night. Oh no, Avis in big trouble... I tried to hide myself behind my book and hope she would walk out randomly but she frowned and walked towards me and pulled the book out from my hands and slammed it on the counter. I frowned back at her and stood up.

'Yes?' I asked, grumbling.

'What the fuck happened last night?' She angrily asked.

'I got there and you weren't there....' I lied through my teeth.

'Yeah well... I left because...' She stopped, as though she wasn't sure whether she should say.

'Because...?' I bugged.

She looked at me as tears began to swell in her eyes, my heart started feeling the same as it did the night before, what the hell is happening? I should be ripping out her throat, why am I talking to her, and whats more... why am I feeling this way? I rubbed my temple and looked at her, she pouted unknowingly and tears started to fall from her eyes.

'A man was there... In the alley and he... he touched me. He hurt me... he pushed me up against the wall and scratched me' She whimpered. Scratched? I don't remember scratching her...

'He scratched you? Let me see...' I ordered

She nodded and pulled down her shirt just a small bit, and there across her chest were 4 scratch marks. Had I really done that? I smirked inwardly, and on the outside remained emotionless.

'Im sorry...' I mumbled, not really caring,

She froze and stared at me for a few seconds before leaning over the counter and hugging me. WHAT?! I haven't been hugged by a female for over.....50 years. I froze and decided to pat her gently on the back. Once she let go she looked at me and laughed lightly, wiping away her tears.

'Wow, you don't hug much' She giggled. I smiled outwardly, she was cute when she giggled. Wait.....
Hold up a moment, what the hell? Ok... Im really missing some blood in my body right now.

I smiled anyway and she was about to turn and leave when she stopped and looked at me.

'Hey Avi...' She said

I raised an eyebrow. 'Yes?' I asked (A/N: Youll start to see a pattern, he says this a lot)

'Would you like to go... to dinner with me? Tonight... I choose the place...' She mumbled.

Dinner? Well... I could... And she could be dessert...

'Sure' I said with a smile. 'You have my number...' I smirked. She opened her mouth to object but then smiled and pulled on her hood before walking out the door again. I sighed in relief and hoped that this would be over soon. I went back to reading and stuck my tongue out at the door, that's for losing my page....

_____________________________________
Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far xx
- c