Chapter 5- Kate meets her long lost brother.

• Dedicated to that one person who dropped her IPhone in the Polar Bear Exhibition (p.s. im sad

EB

Chapter 5- Kate meets her long lost brother.

~¥~¥~¥~

Kate's POV

It has been 2 weeks since Crystal left for the school called Elements (Starters), and I have been feeling very worried. No message, no email, no call, no nothing!

I was pacing my room, worried out of my mind for Crystal. My 'mom' had told me to go down for dinner earlier on, but I had ignored her. I didn't have much of an appetite.

Why did I say 'mom' instead of mom?

Well, I was adopted into this family. They had found me in a park, a 10 yeared old girl, lying in the dirt near a pond. They immediately sent me to the hospital to get treated. While saving me, they had found a star shaped birthmark on my forearm-the mark of a first-born. The wierd thing was that, they found a crown-shaped birthmark right ontop of the star-shaped one. They thought of it as a coincidence, and dismissed it.

I was immediately adopted, because I was a first-born, seemingly.

The problem was that, I remembered nothing, and absolutely nothing of the first 10 years of my life. They said I had memory loss due to a cut on my forehead. I wasn't quick to believe. How could 1 little cut do all that?

A knock on my door snapped me out of my thoughts. "Kate! Aren't you coming down for dinner?" The voice of my 'mom' rang through the door.

"No! I'm not hungry!" I hollered back.

"Okay! I'll leave some food on the table in case you get hungry!" I heard footsteps creak down the stairs. 'Mom' was gone.

I sighed, and plopped down on my bed, closing my eyes. What was I going to do about Crystal?

"Tired?" An unfamiliar voice arose. My eyes snapped open, and I grabbed a book nearby. I scanned my room. There, in the shadows, did something just move?

Kate gasped. Out of the shadows, just poof, came a man, of age 20. Well, he looked 20 anyway. He wore a cloak of white and blue, and had blonde hair that looked almost white, with grey eyes. The strange thing was, he had features exactly like Kate's.

"Hello, Kate. My name's Desmond. And I'm your brother."

~£~

I did not trust this Desmond guy one bit.

"If you're really my brother, how come I haven't seen you this past years." I spat out, book poised and ready to do some brain damage.

Desmond gave me a pitying look.

I was liking this guy lesser and lesser.

"Oh, you poor darling. I have been searching and searching for you for 5 years, and I have finally found you." He crooned.

"Oh yeah? Find my book!" And slammed the book in my hand towards his head.

With a flick of his hand, the book flew away and dropped to the floor. I stood there, gaping. Just how powerful was this guy? Magically appearing, and now this?

"Is that how you treat your only kin, Kate?" He asked, amusement in his voice.

"I don't trust you. You just show up in my room, expecting me to believe you?"

"Ah, yes. The matter of trust. Hmm, lets see if we can improve your memory..." He thought for awhile, and before I could react, he touched my forehead, and everything went pitch black.

~£~

I was standing in a flower garden, filled with blossoms of different sizes and colours, trees with high branches filled with lush green leaves. Statues decorated the garden. The sky was blue and filled with white clouds. Overhead, a castle loomed, its terraces high, the building white, flags sparkling in the sun.