Chapter 12- The moon in black and red.

~¥~¥~¥~

April's POV

Abel was glaring at the walls of Crystal's bedroom, as I covered my mouth with the back of my hand, to muffle the sobs that racked my body. My eyes were certaintly red from crying, and I could feel the soreness in them.

Are you okay, Crystal?

I know, I know. I'm not usually this protective, am I? But I've been really territorial over my friends, especially after the accident...

Shut up! I chided myself mentally. The accident wasn't you're fault!

Or was it? The guilty part of me retorted.

I sighed, rubbing the tears out of my eyes, and composing myself.

I had to be strong for Crystal. I can't sit around and see her get killed, can I? Not now, not again.

Never again.

Taking a few deep breaths, I managed to slow down my racing heart. Abel is here. He's the best strategist we have, and he'll think of a plan.

Right?

Abel had gone very quiet, and was staring at the walls. Probably debating whether to lash out in curse words, or to stand down and think up a logical course of action.

I guess the logical side of him won, because he turned on his heel, facing us. Letting out a loud sigh and using his hand to rake his hair, he said "Crystal and Daniel have been captured by the moon army. We've confirmed that point. But why? Why now, at this time?"

And Ryan, being the sweet, innocent and clueless person he sometimes was, asked "How do you know she was captured by the Moon?"

Oh, god. He was so cute.

But still pretty dense.

I sighed, as Abel face-palmed.

Beckoning for us to get closer, Abel stood where our names were squiggled on the wall, and pointed to one picture of a red moon.

"Red can represent many emotions. Boldness, anger, courage. But in this case, the colour red represents bloodshed."

He then moved over to a black cresent. "Black can also represent many things. Hate, for instance. But for this, it means death."

He then spread his arms. "The cresent moon is the symbol of the Moon's army, naturally. All in all, the motive the moon army wants to acheive is bloodshed and death, to all humans."

Ryan looked shocked, while I knew all about this. After all, I have encountered them before.

And it hadn't been pretty.

I still remembered the burns, the cries, the aching in my heart, my tears... All of them like the accident had been yesterday...

I sighed inwardly. I never, ever want to experience that again.

I noticed that Abel had started to walk all over the room, observing everything. Looking for clues, I guess. Typical of him.

I realised how mentally strong Abel was now, in this situation. Both the girl he likes and his competitor have gone missing. Inside, im sure he is freaking out as much as I am, but he's stifling his fears- both physical and mental- very well. Instead of bawling on the ground, he chose to do something logical.

I sighed. Maybe I wasn't the best choice for a leader...

Suddenly, a pair of arms grabbed me from behind, drawing me into their chest. I gasped, looking up into the beautiful hazel eyes of my boyfriend.