Chapter 14- The Mandate of Heaven.

• Dedicated to 6R1

Chapter 14- The Mandate of Heaven.

~¥~¥~¥~

Kate's POV

I explored the castle after my sword-fighting class with Matthew.

Matthew had finally convinced me to continue them. Saying that 'they were very important' and giving me a puppy dog look. Huh. Never knew that a middle aged man could pull off that.

Oh, well. This world had many mysteries left uncovered.

My life on the moon became a mundane timetable. Wake up, breakfast, classes, lunch, sword-fighting, explore, dinner, free time, sleep.

The next day, I would repeat the cycle.

It was boring. Extremely boring. Like a millitary camp. Only that in millitary camps they did not have family members.

Well, at least I have Desmond.

Sometimes, he would come to my room, and tell me stories of my childhood. Like, how I liked to ride my horse, Cherry. (Desmond said she died two years ago). Or how I would love to paint, and how he had to clean up after me. (That made me laugh).

I loved the way he would take time out of his schedule to talk to me, and listen to my problems.

But I could get the unmistakable feeling that he was hiding something from me.

Something big.

And that made me even more curious.

What if it concerned me? Or Crystal?

It was worrying.

Currently, I was back at the maze. Just yesterday, I found a room providing information on the types of powers people on the moon had. Fire, and ice. The royals had other different types, such as being healers, psysics and such. Much like the first-borns on Earth. Only difference is that we could also wield moonlight and other cool stuff.

It wasn't really that believable, since I couldn't even summon a small flame, or make ice come at will, but after seeing Desmond blending into the shadows, that made it a whole lot more realistic.

I guess I was just desperate to find out about my past. What happened, exactly? Why was I in that park? I wanted to know, even if it meant to grasp at random straws, and to only hope for the best.

Though, that situation would not be one of which I would prefer.

I stood at the foot of the maze, dressed in simple light clothing. I brought along a backpack, filled with food, and other necesscities. The last time I was in there, I arrived back in my room at 2 am. I stumbled around like a zombie, arms failing around, desperately seeking the comfort of my bed. Trying to keep my eyes open were a huge effort, and my stomach growled in protest.

I could imagine the headlines of the moon city times newspaper : Beloved Kate the Royal turnes into hungry zomprincess. Will need constant feeding to stop from multiplying. I shivered, even though the prospect was absurb.

Well, I wasn't taking that risk.

"I guess I'm ready, huh." I muttered quietly to myself, and took a tentative step into the maze. Even though I made my way in there countless times, there was no telling what it had in store for you.

And that is what worries me.

It was like it had a mind of its own, making and weaving its paths, choosing for you. If the maze wanted you to go somewhere, it made sure you could never escape the road.

The maze wasn't totally uncontrollable, thankfully. The royals had power over it. But since I was exploring, and still was not comfortable with my powers yet, that was pretty much redundant for me.