Chapter 8- Kate gets slapped...hard.

Chapter 8- Kate gets slapped…hard.

~¥~¥~¥~

Kate's POV

I was getting impaitient.

The whole purpose I followed my brother to the Moon was to get family warmth, and learn about my past.

So far, in the 2 months I have lived here, none of these conditions have been fufilled.

Currently, I was training with a person called Matthew, who arrived this morning, after reporting 'success' to Desmond, whatever that meant.

Desmond was grinning from ear to ear, after hearing Matthew's story, and had instructed him to train Kate in combat.

Unfortunately, my brother was not refering to another Kate. Which means, he was talking about me.

Yes, me.

"Kate, bend your knees! Keep that sword arm up! Don't lower your guard!" Matthew instructed, as I swung at a dummy.

I groaned in exaparation. "I can't do this, Matthew!" I lowered my sword, and shook my head.

Matthew sighed. "You can! Just remember what your brother told you!"

I recalled the talk that led me to my current situation.

~£~

'Desmond! I can't do combat! You know I hate combat!"

I was pestering my brother as we walked around the castle, me waving my hands around like I always do when I get frustrated, and Desmond covering his ears with his hands.

I guess he had enough of me, because he suddenly turned around and rested both his hands on my shoulders.

"Kate, you can do this. I know you can. You're a princess. The Princess of the Moon, no less. And a princess has to learn how to defend herself!" He told me, with admiration in his voice.

I looked down, guilty. "I know a princess needs protection. I just don't like hurting other people." I whispered, pouting.

Desmond looked at me, and said, "Katey, if they harm you, I woundn't be able to live with myself. How about this, I'll try to give you back some of your memory, if you'd go for one lesson with Matthew. For me? Please?" He smiled at me expectatly.

Seeing his hopeful expression, all I could do was to nod my head

~£~

I knew I shouldn't have agreed to Desmond's deal.

"Kate, 1 more hour. Then you get your memory back. Keep that in mind." Matthew said, tapping the side of his forehead.

I sighed and nodded. Let's get this over and done with.

~£~

After a torturing 1 hour later, I was dashing to my brother's study, eager to get my memory back.

After knocking on the door, I entered the room.

"Desmond! Desmond! Will I get my memory back now???" I said excitedy, jumping up and down with glee.

"Not now, Kate.........." Desmond said distractedly, typing on his mac-book.

Yes. The Moon is advanced. Big deal.

"What?!?!?" I shouted, surprised at his reaction. He promised me!

"But.......but." I stuttered. Then I jumped between him and his computer.

"Desmond! You promised!" I exclaimed.

He looked a little annoyed. "Kate, I need to send a report. Let me get back to my mac-book."